All reviews dvd player king suite will stay there again enjoyed our stay bed was comfortable dishwasher mattress pet
Reviewed June 21, 2017

We have stayed here before , many times . This Candlewood still has "smoking" rooms available . I thank them for that . The place is always maintained and clean . I think that they must have recently upgraded the beds , because the one that we had was the most comfortable one we have slept on in years . We will be back again soon because we're looking for property in Hot Springs .

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fred S
CandlewoodSuitesHS, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Candlewood Suites HOT SPRINGS.

Sincerely

Reviewed May 29, 2017 via mobile

Called and they had one room left for memorial weekend. Check-in was quick and staff very friendly. Our suite was very clean and well stocked. The pool was nice and we very much enjoyed our stay. The store was a little pricey but this establishment is close to stores.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Lia N
CandlewoodSuitesHS, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2017

Jillian V.
Director of Sales

Reviewed May 14, 2017

Not what I expected from an IHG hotel.

The room was hot as blazes when we checked in due to a power saving "feature" that they've installed on the HVAC system.

The shower drain is heavily clogged and the first night of our stay a less than 10 minute shower had me standing in around four inches of water. I reported it to the front desk, who kindly noted my issue, but the maintenance crew is off on weekends. So a second night with standing water was my only choice.

The AC unit had some moldy looking stuff in it, but no foul smell.

There's only one AC unit in a 2 room king suite with a crossover vent between the bedroom and living space which is meant to cool bedroom with the air from the living space. It fails at this task, although it wasn't working without rattling and keeping my family awake.

I reported all issues to the front desk with no problems or rudeness.

It is not a good place for small children, due to lack of roll away cribs. I had requested one through my IHG reservation, but was not notified of its unavailability. Upon check in I asked if it was already in the room and received a somewhat rude reply about "how they don't have anything like that here" from one front desk worker.

The room overall seemed decently clean and the access to clean towels was easy.

The staff was mostly very kind except for the one particular employee who came across rude the night we checked in.

The room only had minor issues, which I outlined above. The Television was excellent, DirecTV programming available with a ton of channels. Coffee maker in the room and plenty of the amenities of home. I made my reports to the front desk on my issues and they were not resolved, but they were noted.

In the future I probably will not stay here again simply due to the fact that I have had flawless experiences with other hotels in this town. I book with IHG regularly for work and for personal stays. I always expect good well maintained rooms with little to no issues and up to date furnishings.

Overall not the best weekend stay, but not the worst.

Date of stay: May 2017
1  Thank Lansonite
CandlewoodSuitesHS, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2017

Reviewed April 30, 2017

We should've known what was up as soon as we attempted check in. Unlike almost every other stop on our 12-day road trip, we didn't attempt an early check-in, but nearly an hour after standard check-in time, our room still wasn't ready. We had to wait about half an hour for our room to be ready.

Our room was stifling when we finally got in. We immediately cranked down the a/c, which we noticed was in only the living area, the separate bedroom didn't have a separate temperature control.

We headed down to the pool and although cleaned, filled, blue and inviting (particularly considering how hot our room was) but it was chained up. I asked staff and they said it was all ready to go, but they hadn't had it inspected yet. It was 86 degrees out, our expectations were that the pool would be available, our daughter was extremely disappointed.

We went to dinner, went to a park with our daughter and returned to our room at dusk. It was still incredibly hot. I called the desk to see if they offered box fans. No, they offer blenders and board games, but nothing so common sense as a box fan. We sat in the living room for a bit and it seemed to cool off, but the bedroom felt as hot as when we'd checked in at bedtime. We collectively tossed and turned for a couple of hours and ended up having to sleep in the living room. My husband and daughter slept on the pancake-thin, cramped pull out and I slept in a broken recliner.

Since it was an extended stay, there was no breakfast. We only stayed here because we didn't realize when we started planning our vacation it fell over the Easter holiday, so all our usual chains were booked. In my opinion, this chain shouldn't be allowed in the same class as my all-time fav, Holiday Inn Express.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Amber M
CandlewoodSuitesHS, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2017

Thank you for choosing Candlewood Suites and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at Candlewood Suites HOT SPRINGS.

I would like to start by apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations. We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we will use your comments to coach our team in order to provide a better experience in the future.

Hotel Mangement

Reviewed April 10, 2017 via mobile

Really enjoyed our stay. Offered late check out which worked perfectly as we were there for a volleyball tournament. We had never stayed at an extended stay hotel before and this hotel surpassed our expectations with cleanliness and hotel staff friendliness. Felt much to like home!

Date of stay: April 2017