1,820 results
All reviews al capone grand old hotel bath house mineral water step back in time bathhouse row modern hotel pool and hot tub hiking trails national park central avenue front porch downtown hot springs downtown area history baths
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Arlington Hotel has a long history of my family visiting and enjoying the authentic spa, mineral bath, massage and pool. We enjoy rooming on the 5th floor to be closer to the pool, and hot tub. We enjoy the shops on the main street and venturing out to Oaklawn. The best time is when the horses are racing. We always enjoy this time together.

Stayed: August 2018
2  Thank Peggy R
GayeH66, Guest Relations Manager at Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. We appreciate the many families who have come here, generation after generation, and are proud to be a part of your making memories! We will continue to do our best to maintain this historic hotel and serve those who will come in the future. We are so happy that you enjoy your time here and look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed September 8, 2018

Most of the Hotel is a very pretty historic place. Most people visit this hotel for that reason. If that is why you go then you will enjoy the hotel. We were there for a Conference and those rooms were good and had plenty of space. I prefer the most updated rooms with the most updated plumbing. I had a pet friendly room that was really big and roomy. We always get the rooms with back views of rusty rooftops for our Conference. At least this time most of my view was of the pool. I appreciate that they allow pets. It was a little hard to take a small dog down from the 6th floor to go to the bathroom when he had to go at 4:30 am. I had to find a way to get out of the hotel when the doors were locked. I don’t appreciate that they have made the balcony side with the nice view the smoking side and the side with no real view the non smoking side. I had been looking forward to sitting out on the balcony and watching the horse and carriage and people walking their dogs as I had the last stay there but I couldn’t go around there for the awful smoke. It was very disappointing. Everyone was nice and helpful except when I had to call 3 times for help to carry my luggage and dog crate down. It took around 40 Minutes to finally get help. I really appreciated the late checkout approval to be able to keep my dog in the cool room until our aconference was over. The valet parking is expensive and costs even more as you are expected to tip each time they bring your vehicle to you. The nightly entertainment was very good. I do miss the wonderful malt/ice cream place that used to be in the lobby many years ago. Overall it was a good stay.

Room Tip: The rooms that might have a good view are very expensive.
Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank ARracefan
GayeH66, Guest Relations Manager at Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay overall, but are sorry that the smoke on our veranda kept you from enjoying it - thank you for letting us know. We truly appreciate you patronage and hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 7, 2018

We didn’t stay. Cancelled the reservation and got our money back. I could deal that the room was out dated. What I could not deal with was the way my throat felt from the mildew of the room. The sheets were wet. The mirrors were foggy as if you would have taken a hot shower. We decided to turn the AC high and the ceiling fan high to get rid of the dampness but the smell nor the moisture went away.

As for the room itself, the door to get In the room was hard to open, some weird way that you have to turn the knob with the key in. The bathroom mirror was broken. (think of a sliding medicine cabinet) one part of the mirror was push in and unable to slide. The shower was small and short and did not look clean. The more you stayed, the more you noticed just how bad the room was.

Also while it was raining the AC units out side our room were squeaking that I don’t think anyone would sleep well in the area of the hotel they put us at. (Across from the pool area)

Guys I’m being serious do not stay until they have renovated that place and changed management because I cannot fathom how someone would think that is a liveable place to stay during vacation.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

We're very sorry that your room was unacceptable and thank you for letting us know. The issues you described are not the norm here; we would have welcomed the opportunity to move you to another room where you would be more comfortable. We are excited to say that renovation for the hotel is planned for the near future! We hope you will give us another chance to serve you.

Reviewed September 7, 2018

My best friend and I stayed at this hotel for a girls get away weekend on August 24th and 25th. We both had done ALOT of research on this hotel and the history of Hot Springs. We decided to dress up as flapper girls from the 1920s to add to our experience, and it significantly did! This poor Grand Dame hotel has been through sooo much and most people don't even realize it. Yes there was small bathrooms, yes there was unlocked rooms that acted as storage, yes there was cracks in the walls, yes there was wall paper coming off, yes the door keys were trivial to utilize, yes there was chips in the tiles in the bathrooms and everywhere.......but it was PERFECT! It is who she is. I think it's phenomenal she is still standing after what Hot Springs has been through. We say LEAVE HER BE until she is ready for change, but of course maintain safety standards. The Grand Dame rightfully deserves nothing but atleast 4 star ratings. I do hope the Capone family can come to an agreement on letting the tunnel be toured soon. I encourage all of you who were not please to just look into the history of her and the whole town of Hot Springs a little more before you judge. The Grand Dame has secrets and she will let you have the honor of learning of them if you take a step back in time and listen to her, and others in the past. It's not all pretty, but it's real.

Room Tip: 5th, 6th, and 7th floor has smoking patio at the end of each center hallway. It all leads to the pool too.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback. We are so pleased that you and your friend enjoyed your stay and share our fondness for this beautiful hotel. How great that you dressed as flappers! We also appreciate your recommendation to others. Hopefully, you can return again soon!

Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I decided to adventure on Labor Day Weekend and I booked a room with a king bed at the Arlington because of its historical status.

Perfectly located across the street from the Hot Springs National Park and Bathhouse Row, it just made sense.

The exterior facade of the building is weathered and could use a good cleaning to bring the brick back to life. But it also features a massive, covered wrap around porch with plenty of tables and chairs for patrons to enjoy.

We walked into the main lobby and enjoyed the wonderful early 20th Century architecture and design. The feel that we were walking into history was palpable.

This is a place that has hosted celebrities, presidents and even Al Capone.

The elevators are very small and fairly slow, but charming.

Our room is dated. This isn’t a 4 or 5 star place. The plaster walls are beat up. The paint and the woodwork is weathered and worn. The walk in shower is tiny and old.

The bed is large and very, very comfortable and has a lot of very comfortable pillows.

On both Saturday and Sunday nights, they had live music going on in the lobby and the place was packed with people having a good time.

Before you read this and write this place off, I want to say that this was a pleasant experience. Steeped in wonderful history, the lack of modernness is easily ignored with the ambiance.

This isn’t the Four Seasons.....then again, it is very cool and recommend that you give it a try!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Gaye H, Guest Relations Manager at Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay this weekend and thank you for sharing your experience. The Arlington is a special place, steeped in history, and we are glad that you share our fondness for it! We appreciate you recommending us to others and hope to welcome you back again.