See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed November 12, 2011

I wanted to get out of the normal hotels we stay in at Hot Springs and try something new for us yet affordable. Butler Manor is easy to find and the fact that it is right on the lake is perfect. We more than once floated on the rafts Renee has by the dock relaxing on the hot afternoon. Then in the evenings, after a dinner out, we enjoyed sitting on the doc watching the sunset. Renee is the perfect hostess - breakfast on the patio the next morning, very filling and very delicious. It was like visiting a relative with such a homey feel.

I will recommend this bed and breakfast to my friends and family!!

Room Tip: The online pictures are very accurate - feel free to choose any of them - we saw all of them and they are all just right!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 15, 2010

My husband and I travel to Hot Springs often and always stay in the historic district. We decided to try somewhere on the lake and chose Butler Manor. So glad we did! Renee made us feel right at home immediately. The grounds are beautiful and the room was very comfortable. We stayed in the "Sweetheart Room". I had my coffee in the hot tub by the lakeside each morning. Renee and Jamie prepared the most delicious breakfasts for us, which we ate on the patio overlooking the water. We enjoyed ourselves so much, we just made another reservation. :)

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank golfergal1111
Reviewed September 15, 2010

Everything was great from the moment we arrived. Renee was your favorite Aunt that made you feel incredibly welcome. The location is beautiful. The Manor is wonderfully decorated. The room very comfortable. Breakfast was excellent and very filling. The grounds well kept. We arrived stressed and harried and that feeling was gone before the night was over. When it came time to leave we didn't want to go. Already thinking about when we can stay again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2009

We stayed at the Butler Manor for one night over the holidays because it was one of the only B&B's that did not require a two night minimum stay for the Christmas season. I admit that pulling up to the property, we thought "oh my what have we gotten into?" But once inside, the friendly staff and the festive atmosphere put us at ease. We stayed in The Safari Room, which was adorably decorated in a jungle theme. The bathroom is detached from the room, which was a little weird. The bathroom was really small and poorly lit.

You get a complimentary mini bottle of champagne upon your arrival, and the homemade breakfast the next morning was great. If the weather had been nicer, we would have enjoyed breakfast on the lakefront patio watching the sunrise. But, this was a December trip.

The location is not near downtown Hot Springs (Bath House Row). With Lake Hamilton and plenty of restaurants nearby, we couldn't complain. But if you're looking for something closer to town, this probably isn't the best choice.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple