“NOT WORTH THE MONEY”

National Park Aquarium
Ranked #52 of 83 things to do in Hot Springs
Reviewed January 22, 2018

Our 8 year old wanted to go to this aquarium, he and my husband had never been in there. I told him it wasn't really worth it when I was younger, but we went anyway.

It's not a lot in there and it needs updating bad, especially for what they charge for it. The old turtle roaming around was cool though.

1  Thank BrookeM08
in 3 reviews
"sharks"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed January 15, 2018 via mobile

To preface, my family LOVES zoos and aquariums. We are frequently finding ourselves at all sorts of animal parks and petting zoos more than any other attraction.

I was a bit reserved on seeing this attraction after reading some reviews. I am so glad I gave it a try!

The outside does not do justice to this place. As soon as we walked in, we were greeted/welcomed and immediately felt as though we were valued for stopping. The gentleman behind the counter explained how the aquarium works and made sure we knew "Slow Poke" was all about the love and attention.

We entered the animal area and I watched as my children (9 and 5) bounced from exhibit to exhibit and back again for nearly 45 minutes straight.

There were some very cool fish we have never seen before as well as some beautiful specimens you would hope to see.

My kids were reluctant to leave and the only real way I talked them into leaving was with lunch!

This is for sure a must see if you have little ones or if you just love animals! Give Slow Poke some love from us when you do!

1  Thank kpryor89
Reviewed December 26, 2017 via mobile

This aquarium is more of a small aqua/ reptilian zoo exhibit than aquarium. Since it only costs $6, it’s worth the time and a few bucks to see some interesting critters, from piranhas to tarantulas. Don’t expect a huge aquarium with sharks and large fish and you won’t be disappointed.

Reviewed November 27, 2017

This is a small aquarium, but it was fun. We did this as an alternative because the activity we wanted to do was closed, for the season. The animals were well cared for, and the staff was friendly. The tortoise was the best.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 26, 2017 via mobile

My 13 yr old daughter begged me to take her into this place. Even after reading the terrible reviews, I gave in and we went. Just like the other reviews say...it was a big waste of my time and money. I actually felt bad for all of the animals inside. There were a few turtles, one big one, several spiders, a few geckos, and some fish. You could see everything and be out of there in 12 minutes. I don’t even know why this place is still open. You can probably see most of these animals and reptiles inside your local Pets Mart.

2  Thank TabathaInDallasTX