“Had a very fun stay.”
other travellers have booked this property
extra bathroom
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
extra bathroom
we are the lower unit
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
615kriss2...
Nashville, Tennessee
“close to town, great views, but cluttered and dirty”
Reviewed November 8, 2017 for a stay in October 2017
person found this review helpful

This small condo was close to town with great views of the lake and an outdoor picnic table and grill. It is cutely decorated but cluttered and in need of a deep cleaning. The dishes and glasses needed washing prior to use and many areas were dusty. The oven does not work, which is noted on the welcome note, but would have been nice to know prior to buying groceries. There were plenty of towels, games for rainy days and a covered parking space. The owner was easy to work with and helpful bringing extra blankets due to cold weather and lack of heat.

13 Nov 2017
Sorry if the dishes were dusty --with things sitting on open shelves I am sure they do get dusty if not used often and they are overlooked when cleaning between guests. As for clutter --the cottage is small but it is a family summer unit that we tend to leave things in closet and drawers and kitchen but overall I try to keep things neat --I am sorry you found it needing attention and we will address your issues . As for the stove --I have checked it and it worked for me --it takes it a while to warm up --but it does work--most cook outside in the warmer weather so it has not been a major concern but you did arrive in extreme cold Weather --so I am sorry you bought groceries that needed an oven --since I did have it posted that it didn't work --the stove top works fine .thanks for staying with us and posting your review --I hope you try us again!
Swede33
“Dirty, cluttered cabin. Promised a refund and never received it.”
Reviewed July 28, 2017 for a stay in June 2016
people found this review helpful

Excited to return to Buena Vista Resort because we had gone there in the 1980s and 1990s. This cabin was dirty and cluttered and my mom refused to stay in it. I called and was promised a refund after the payment went through. Contacted Pam numerous times and never received a penny. We went on to another clean cabin close by and had a great time, no thanks to the rough start.

jbpmp3318
Garland, Texas
“Had a very fun stay.”
Reviewed August 1, 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

Enjoyed a long weekend at this great little cottage. Great location near restaurants and grocery stores but still off the main thoroughfares to be secluded. Great view of the lake and near the complex swimming pool. Cottage was stocked with all he necessities and the gas grill worked fine. Look forward to staying here again.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
SillFamil...
Frisco, TX, USA
“Patriotic”
Reviewed July 16, 2016 for a stay in June 2016

I could not have selected a better place to spend my July 4th birthday over the Independence Day Holiday weekend than at this lovely, patriotic condo. The location is perfect to get a delightful view of the beautiful lake.

Travelling group: Teenagers
kellysanl...
San Leon, Texas
“quaint cottage , great location”
Reviewed July 11, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Loved the location, When we arrived the geese were on the boat ramp.. pristine view of the lake. Property great fro walking, nice pool, quiet..The view and the location was just great..Hard to believe right by main highway and you didn't even know it. So peaceful.... A real getaway with all the conviences.
It is an old property. I do feel that the repairs to plumbing (drip and leaks) and the stove (burners and oven) should be made. no-excuses..If its not working say so prior to rental...I would recommend people ask about if you plan to cook. Or if water dripping conitnously in the bathroom bothers you.
Glad the gas grill was working.. I Appreciated the supply of propane gas ...
Decorated and well stocked ... life jackets to extra chairs. Owner sprayed for wasps prior to our arrival...Owner Contacted us with great directions....
I would rent again if repairs were made.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location,
Liked least: broken oven, stovetop not regulated heat, leaky faucets in bathroom
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
13 Jul 2016
thank you for the nice review! The plumbing issue is already fixed, as I told you in text--it just happened with last renters and the plumber wasn't sure he could fix before you arrived because he was worried about making a big hole in tile of shower. The stove works but is not new. I have not heard anything wrong with it but most guests either grill outside or go out to eat and it has not been brought to my attention that anything was wrong. I will give it a quick check when my renters leave on Sunday. Thank you again. I hope you come again. Pam
Deb W
“Catch 22”
Reviewed March 13, 2016 for a stay in February 2016

The cottage was indeed quaint,it needs an electrical overhaul.I'm pretty sure the electrical outlets and the tangle of extension cords aren't up to code. The location is great, the views are magnificient....can't complain but prob won't go back.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
14 Mar 2016
Yes we have a shortage of sockets ..especially in the bathroom..the entire complex is going through an electrical upgrade ..after which we can have the cottage rewired so it will have all the outlets inside and out that we would like. this property was originally a lake resort and the unit was actually a nightly rental used mostly for a fishing get away..built in 1948...about 10 years ago ..it was all sold to individual owners ..and the Poa has spent time and $ upgrading docks ..the pool....new sewer ..and now electrical. it is not perfect in that regard but it isn't dangerous ..most of the cords spoken of were to get lights outside ..we had to run an extension cord out the window from the bedroom..nothing that would be dangerous as it is on a power strip with a breaker ..all electrical should be upgraded within the year
Amy E A
“We had such an amazing experience with Pam!”
Reviewed October 21, 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

My husband and I had such an amazing experience with Pam. Not having traveled to Hot Springs before, Pam answered all questions, gave suggestions on "hot spots" we should see and where we should dine. Our cottage was absolutely adorable, very cozy with beautiful views of the lake and morning sunrises. We definitely will be back and will be booking another stay!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing