“worst hotel i have ever stayed at”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #38 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
Sulphur Springs, Texas
“worst hotel i have ever stayed at”
Reviewed 29 March 2011

my aunt and i stayed at this hotel for 2 nights, and they were the worst 2 nights i have ever stayed in a hotel. there was pubic hair on the floor of the bathroom and in the shower, urine on the front of the toilet, hair on the towels, tissue paper in the wall, and hair on the blanket on the bed! we left at 11:30 am after the first night and when we came back into the room at 8:37pm it was even worse then the first night.

• Stayed March 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed 5 September 2010

Would never stay here again. Small tv no accesities. When they cleaned our room they didnt change the sheets pillow cases and didnt throw out thrash or vaccum room. The room smelled stale and the , carpet is nasty. The bed is a wood box that is broke and rotten. Not worth the name it got it should be free or they should pay you to stay there.

• Stayed September 2010

Travellers are raving about these Hot Springs hotels

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 17 August 2010

Our 1st room had horribly stained sheets. A/C and mini-fridge not working. Asked for a 2nd room, and the best thing about this one was the working a/c. Stained comforter, broken floor tiles, dirty carpet and bathroom floor, shower curtain had mildew & numerous holes/rips, dirty walls, dust-filled filter on ice machine, a soda can had burst in mini-fridge and didn't get cleaned until I called front desk. Complained directly to Days Inn via their website & was told the GM would contact me within 6 days. He never did. When I reported this back to Days Inn I was offered a $65 voucher. That doesn't even cover the cost of 1 night's stay at this dump.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 8 June 2010

My husband and I stayed with our five children (ages 7-17) at Days Inn during our Hot Springs excavation trip -- two rooms for three nights. We chose Days Inn because of its lakeside location, free continental breakfast, fair reviews, and the competitive rates in this price range.

Check in was quick and painless. We were given two adjacent rooms in building "C". The grounds and lobby were modest but clean and orderly.

However, my heart dropped in my chest as soon as we walked into our first room. The AC had not been turned on (we reserved our rooms two weeks in advance), and it was simply stifling inside.

I opened the mini-fridge to store the cold drinks we'd brought with us and discovered the fridge was broken. I picked up the phone to call the front desk about it and discovered the telephone did not work either. A working room-to-room phone was essential to us, as half of our family was staying in one room and half in the other, so my husband made the short drive down the hill from building C to the lobby to take care of it (and to ask for an iron and ironing board, since one was not provided in the room).

We were promptly transferred to a new room one door down, which was all right, but less convenient than our family being in adjacent rooms. The new room was better -- all appliances worked fine, but again, the AC was off, and the room was like a sauna.

Once we settled in, however, we grew comfortable. Just about everything was clean and orderly.

Continental breakfast was important to us and one of the primary reasons I chose Days Inn. The posted hours for breakfast are from 7 AM - 10 AM.

The first morning, breakfast was satisfactory. Offerings were bagels, danishes, fruit, toast, cereal, fruit juices, and coffee. The bar was well stocked, so my entire family ate to our fill. We also chose to take our meal on the patio outside so we wouldn't disturb the other guests in the tiny breakfast area.

The second morning, however, the breakfast line was almost entirely cleaned out by the time we got there at 9:00. I was very disappointed about that, since the posted hours extended to 10:00, and I was confident the staff had more breakfast items stocked in the back. All that was left were two apples -- certainly not enough to feed our family. So, we ended up going elsewhere to buy a breakfast that was supposed to be covered.

The pool area was clean and orderly. The water seemed to be well maintained.

Overall, I'd say Days Inn in Hot Springs did not meet our minimum standard for service. The price was right, but we've decided we'll pay more next time to stay in a hotel with more dependable amenities.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank AilinaL
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 31 May 2010

So we went to Hot Springs for Memorial day and we've just made it home..while my experiences were fresh I wanted to put them on paper...the hotel is fairley attractive as you drive up to it...its not exactly on the lake but very close to it, and when we woke up and looked out of our window from room 204 we could see the lake and it was a nice view..upon immediately opening the door we were hit with a really strong perfumey smell...initially I thought the previous male guest had just left the room but I learned that's the room freshner that they used..it smells like a guys cologne ...kinda cheap cologne at that...the bed was made but it seemed slighly ruffled before we got in it..that also made me think that the previous guest had just left...or they used the room to take breaks and didnt straighten up anymore than spraying that air freshner,the king sized bed wasnt the most comfortable ..at one point I thought possibly they had used a queen sized base for the king size mattress because the bed kind of drooped on one side , the pool area was very nice and the highpoint of the property I thought , overall it was ok for a weekend or a night...not for anything longer than 2 nights ,nothing special or memorable about the property and if you're not too picky you can survive it..the clerks were accomodating and would give it a effort even if they couldnt accomplice the task and that counts for something ...if you're on a budget yea I would recommend it ...you just have to be ...open minded

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank slappy_62
Tulsa
Reviewed 8 March 2010

Based on 2009 reviews, I was hesitant to book this hotel. However, it was a nice surprise. The room was freshly painted and very clean. Large private balcony that overlooked Lake Hamilton. We stayed in room 250 at the back of the property, and it was quiet. King mattress a little soft for my taste. Staff at front desk was really nice. Tiny continental breakfast. This is a great location if you like to stay out by the lake.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
All Over
Reviewed 27 August 2009

I came up here one night in July for business. The hotel was an older hotel, so I expected a Days Inn not to be a Hilton. I don't know what the others have been complaining about, but this hotel is under new management and they are renovating the property. The hotel is on the south end of town off Central Ave, maybe out of the way for some but for me it offered a great secluded place away from all the hustle of the main town area. The hotel has a very nice out door pool. a bbq picnic area that I did not use since I was alone, but would have used it with family or friends. The hotel is very close to Lake Hamilton, and is very close to Hot Springs Mall.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business