American Holiday Mesa Verde Inn Cortez
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$79
Hampton.com
US$66
US$63
Hotels.com
Best Western Turquoise Inn & Suites(Cortez)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$112
Agoda.com
US$65
Tomahawk Lodge(Cortez)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$71
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 July 2017

We got stuck in the Cortez area for the night and this was the only available room. I wasn't expecting much from a $65 per night motel, but we were pleasantly surprised. The rooms smelled good, the bed was comfortable, the linens were clean and the shower was delightful. I'd stay here again if I had to.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2017

I had to stay in this motel because there was no availability in any other place. At first I really hesitated to stay there, it looked scary and rundown, with customers smoking or walking their dogs... but as soon as I entered in my room a got surprised because of the extra clean and spacious room. It has a king bed, no bad smell in it, fridge and microwave, flat screen tv, toiletries etc. It is old, and the carpet was also old, but clean. No weird noises outside, so I had a good sleep. Breakfast is basic, with coffee , juice, milk, cereal, toast and waffle maker. If you are in a low budget or you do not have any other place to stay, at least this motel is clean and with the basic amenities.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

The pictures online haven't been updated in years. Hundred dollar a night hotels usually live up to a minimum standard. This place has no standards. Door didn't lock correctly unless you played with it. A/C didn't work. Carpet was gross. Breakfast was just edible with orange drink...not even juice. Not the safest feeling place in the world...stay anywhere else... Please

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

Only ended up here because our van broke down 33 miles away. The tow company dropped are van next store to be repaired. Closest motel for us to walk too. Checked in at 1:30am. The room smelled like smoke. Had to stay another night...asked to change to a non smoking room. I was told they all were non smoking, but people don't always listen. I asked to check out the room first..right next store. It smelled like a sewer. Instead they offered us Lysol spray and odo ban and we stayed where we were after using odo ban. The breakfast was ok.
The second morning we heard loud knocking at 9:30am. We were all sleeping. When I went to the door and asked who it was she said "room service." And left. At 10:30 she returned knocking again! I asked her what she wanted and she asked if we were staying another night. Check out was not until noon. How annoying. We will never stay there again.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2016

This was the worst place, by far, that we have EVER stayed at. When I walked in the door and saw the machine to "deodorize" it was a clear omen of how awful the place was going to be. Even after they had "deodorized" the room, the smell was abominable. I had also reserved a king bed, and instead had 2 queen beds. But that was nothing in comparison with the filthiness of the entire place. It also had no soap, and almost no toilet paper. And as not surprise at all, the battery to the smoke alarm was removed. All in all, the absolute worst place we have ever stayed at. If you have any choice at all, do not walk - RUN to another motel/hotel.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family