All reviews manager's reception spotted cow free beer chicken wings waffles beer wine cottage cheese miller lite every evening room was clean madison west cookies biscuits and gravy corned beef hash free breakfast would stay here again west side
Reviewed August 26, 2018

I was pleasantly surprised by the hotel overall. The room was very nice, the staff was extremely friendly. I used the small workout room and everything was in good shape there too. Best surprise of all was the breakfast....I loved the fresh food, and the large variety. Even had Corned Beef Hash one of my favorites!

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed August 24, 2018

Never stayed in AmericInn before but I gave it a shot because I always choose hotels in the Wyndham Rewards program. Their points are so much more useful than other chains. This hotel looks like the lobby was recently remodeled so it looks awesome. The staff was really friendly and accommodating. There was some kind of Crossfit tournament going on so they were really busy but the staff took time to make sure I was comfortable. Didn't stay for breakfast because we had an early flight but the way they described it, I'm sure it was delicious! Will definitely choose this hotel again in Madison.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Patrick S, Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Madison West, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2018

So glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. It means a lot to have your support, and I really appreciate your positive feedback. Let us know if we'll see you again in the future.

Best,

Reviewed August 23, 2018

Power went out due to rain storm. No information relayed by staff in regards to duration of outage, no backup generators, no tv, no air/heat/ventilation, no internet, no lights, (not all emergency lights were working,) no power just a dark room that your key would not work to get back in. Two other hotels with the lights on same street because they have backup generators.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Patrick S, Owner at AmericInn by Wyndham Madison West, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2018

I'm very sorry for the natural disaster in the form of flash flooding that swept through Madison and caused an estimated $100 million in damages. I apologize that your stay with us was affected and the loss of power was out of our control. Our staff had no idea when power would be restored and did not want to make the mistake of misinforming people. Even the power company did not know, while they were working tirelessly to resolve the matter. Our emergency lights were working just fine, but as you can imagine when there is a loss of power, eventually the battery life gets depleted. The nearby hotels that you are referring to do not have backup generators to run their entire hotel, they were simply fortunate to be on a different power grid than us.

Reviewed August 23, 2018

As soon as i checked in the power went out in the entire hotel for the entire time of my stay.It was a bad storm that day, i had my 90 year old mother with dementia with me. I had to get her to our room on the 4th floor and back down when we checked out. Nothing to eat, we sat in the dark the all night. No kind of compensation, no help with my mom, no apologies.I $155 for a horrible night. Will never go there again.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I'm very sorry for the incident that occurred during your stay. We try our best to be prepared for these situations, but some things you just can't be prepared enough for. The natural disaster that hit Madison caused at least $100 million in damage, so we have all been trying to look on the bright side that a power outage was all we had to deal with at our hotel. I am sure you were thankful as well to be safe inside our hotel and not fighting for your life under water outside. Again, I'm sorry for your trouble.

Reviewed August 22, 2018

Great breakfast included with clean rooms, friendly front desk staff, house keeping staff and throw in a managers appetizer/beer/wine event every night, what's not to like. Nice pool and excersize room as well as great hours open. Open early and stay late for your lounging at the pool.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Patrick S, Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Madison West, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2018

So glad you enjoyed your breakfast and an accommodating stay with us, Donoel! Thanks for the support and for being a fan of our hotel. Let us know if you need a place to stay again.

All the best,