1,254 results
All reviews double tree cookies kohl center state street great location uw campus bar and grill shuttle service restaurant staff free shuttle within walking distance room was clean breakfast buffet front desk staff business trip upon check rooms are nice
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

So the hotel itself and the room is nice quality, as it should be for the price. But it’s loud. I could hear all the music and street noise outside my room and I was on the 4th floor. Also, the shower is THE WORST designed shower I have ever seen. You have to get fully into it to turn it on so lord help you if you don’t pick the right temp the first time. And you can’t adjust the shower head to spray away from you while you’re trying to adjust the temp. So good luck there. If I owned this hotel, I would be redesigning the shower ASAP. For reference, I had a king room. Maybe the other rooms aren’t this loud or don’t have bad shower situations.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
DoubleTreeMadisonGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Amy,
Thank you for sharing your review with us. We are so very sorry to hear you experienced some issues with noise during your stay. We know the importance of a great night's rest and are always happy to find the source, even if it is coming from outside. Thanks again for your feedback - we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Downtown Madison.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We recently held 2 events at and stayed at the Doubletree Madison together with 9 other alumni families/friends. The catering team went above and beyond to make our huge group breakfast and dinner easy and delicious. The chancellor room was perfect for our group of 15 adults/18 kids— kids had room to move and play while adults visited (and the bar was right next door!) we were especially appreciative of the extra care and concern they put into the dessert options for our group which had 2 children with severe nut allergies— to put our minds at eat, the chef offered to bake our own special batch of brownies. While I don’t remember everyone’s names, I can say that every person we encountered was caring, patient and very helpful.

We will definitely be reserving a private space next year when all the families get together. It made things so much easier!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Thanks for your 5-star review! We are thrilled to hear your alumni gathering went so well! Our friendly staff strives to provide exceptional service and it's great to know we were able to do just that! Thanks again for your glowing recommendation - we look forward to welcoming you all back for your next Downtown Madison gathering!

Reviewed September 17, 2018

Great location. Nice, modern updated room & bathroom. Super friendly staff. Convenient parking. Close to everything UW Madison. Breakfast with a bar for bloody mary's on game day. Only in Wisconsin :-)

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubleTreeMadisonGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thanks for your 5-star review! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed our central location - it's perfect for easily accessing Camp Randall Stadium, the UW campus, and all Downtown Madison has to explore. The Badgerland Bar & Grill, our onsite restaurant, is home to a delicious breakfast buffet and even better bloody marys! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon! On Wisconsin!

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

We stayed Friday and Saturday when in town for the Badgers game. About 20 minute walk to the game. Room was excellent. Very comfortable bed. Mini fridge and microwave. Worked out before the game and the work out facility isn’t huge but has great equipment . We had room service for breakfast prior to the game and it came promptly and was very good. Close to the Capitol and dining for after the game Saturday night. Onsite Badgerland bar and restaurant. I’m a Hilton Honors member and love this hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
DoubleTreeMadisonGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Madison, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2018

Thanks for your 5-star review and for being a Hilton Honors member, Patti! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Our central location is perfect for easily accessing Camp Randall, the State Capitol, and all Downtown Madison has to explore. The Badgerland Bar & Grill, our onsite restaurant, is home to a delicious breakfast buffet and many great room service options. Thanks again for you glowing recommendation - we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed our 2-night stay at the DoubleTree Madison last weekend.

The young lady who checked us in was very friendly which was a great first impression. Our room was clean, nicely appointed, and had a great view of the Capitol.

I didn’t realize the hotel was right on UW Madison’s campus when I booked our stay. For the price tag, I was envisioning a more urban/glamorous location - not a hotel across from what looked to be a frat house judging by the peer pong being played and the loud music cranking. I looked at reviews on Hotels.com before booking but none that I read mentioned the campus location. If this were not a special/romantic getaway I don’t think I would have been as bothered by the location.

I digress.

The reason for the 4-Star review is for the in-house restaurant. We ate breakfast there and I didn’t really care for any of my food. I ordered off the menu - pancakes, eggs, hash browns, and toast. The only thing I was able to finish was the toast.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
DoubleTreeMadisonGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Madison, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2018

Thanks for sharing your review with us, Laura! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Our friendly staff strives to provide exceptional service and it's great to know our Front Desk team was able to do just that! Looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Downtown Madison!