Motel 6
US$144
US$135
  • Pool
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$162/night.

Mainstay Suites(Madison)(Great Value!)
US$119
CambriaHotels
US$71
US$68
Best Western East Towne Suites(Madison)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$85
US$90
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$137/night.

US$211
US$136
Agoda.com
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 13, 2017

Stayed at this hotel to attend our son graduation from James Madison University. Deceived by the nice description and pictures on the internet and the lack of much other hotel availability in town, we went ahead and booked it at the offered price of $205 for the night.

At check in, we were asked to prepay the room. No offense so far! As we walked into the room, one could not miss the smell of humidity, and to notice the torn upholstering of the arm chair. Getting to bed was an experience! one had to feel the full power of the mattress springs rubbing against one's back. Tried to call the reception, only to find out no dialing tone in the phone. Decided to try to sleep. Exhausted, we somehow managed to, waking few times with the feeling of the springs. By the morning, I woke up with an agonizing back pain. Slowly, I was able to make it out hoping for a hot soothing shower. This time to find out that the tap that switched the water to the shower mode was not working. I tried this time to call the reception through the hotel general number using my mobile phone, only to get a continuous ringing tone and no one to pick up the phone - This repeated itself four times with no vain!!

When complaining at check out, the receptionist did not seem bothered. However, trying to reassure us, he said that they will try to fix these!! I actually was not sure whether he was being sarcastic or whether that is the way he is trained to respond to complaints. I asked whether there was a form or someone we can complain to. To be helpful, the receptionist went to the back office and got us a form designed for STAFF RECOGNITION! I just gave up...

Definitely my last experience with this 1 star hotel offered at the 5 star price!!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2016

My 18 year old son had a reservation at a Motel 6 near LA for 2 adults. When he went to check in Motel 6 demanded id from his friend, another 18 year old male. The friend did not have his id on him. I have never been required to provide id for the additional adult I have with me. The reservation was in my son's name - there was no reason to require the other person's id. Motel 6 cancelled the reservation and would not let them check in, leaving them 100+ miles from home without a reservation.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank dhgetout
Reviewed July 30, 2016 via mobile

The young lady at the front was the only good thing about this place. Thankfully, she was able to give us a refund and a sincere apology! The smells and the condition of everything was/is disgusting.
~Nothing nice there for anyone~ We did find other accommodations close by....

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barbrae E
Reviewed July 18, 2016 via mobile

An overfilled trash can greeted us at the entrance. 3 or 4 shady characters lurking about the entrance. Front desk was pleasant. Scary residents abound. Might have been drug deal in stairwell but can't say for sure. Floors leading to room not clean. Bare minimum room. No shampoo or conditioner but at least a bar of soap...lol. No more motel 6 for me.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank John H
Reviewed August 20, 2015

I walked in and had to wait for several minutes before the women walked out to help me. The room smelled like old smoke combined with mildew; I opened the window and went down to the pool. The hot tube is old and not friendly on your skin or swimming suit. The pool towels they give you are not friendly if your over a size "0." The room has a bed, t.v and phone. I assumed an alarm clock, coffee pot, shampoos, microwave and mini frig were standard. On my way out I got to listen to this youth talk about his plans to go swimming naked. I told the front desk my room smelled of mildew and went out to buy air freshener and ice (because they apparently only have one ice machine that was broke!) When I returned the 2nd floor smelled like air fresher. I went into my room which still smelled and continued to have nausea all night long from the smell of the room. I was entertained by the leaking shower head and the noises the bed made every time I moved. On Thursday I left and found another hotel room. When I got back to my room Thursday morning; I pushed on the door and it just opened up, no key needed. When I left early that morning I double checked as I always do to ensure the door was secured. I checked out by 10:30 and have it in writing. I was told I needed to call Expedia which I did. Expedia called the hotel to verify I checked out and then told me the manager did not give me permission to check out so I will still be charged for Thursday night and that there is nothing they can do about it. ARE YOU SERIOUS EXPEDIA ???? I called Motel six twice and let the phone ring over a minute each time and shockingly they did not answer my call. I called corporate today and left a message. I called their headquarters and was finally able to talk to a human who informed me they will send it to the billing dispute section.
I DONT WANT ANYONE TO HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS NIGHT MARE! YOU WOULD BE BETTER OFF TO STAY IN YOUR CAR!

Room Tip: Kalahari is worth the money
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business