“nice place”

Americas Best Value Inn - Madison
Ranked #56 of 64 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed 13 November 2017

Nice hotel that could use a little love. It does have an indoor pool and provides a basic continental breakfast. Front desk staff was friendly. Easy to find and conveniently located. Room was nice sized with microwave, refrigerator, desk area and easy chair.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 October 2017

Nobody restocks breakfast items that run out. How hard is it to put out some more bananas and waffle mix? No one was at the front desk so I called the hotel and the lady didn't care and hung up on me. This happened 45 minutes before breakfast closed down. Disappointing. The breakfast is part of the value of staying at a hotel. I will never come back. When I left the hotel, no one was at the front desk again. This hotel is pretty old. I'm guessing it was built in the 60's or 70's and not much has been updated in a long time.

Room Tip: Bulldoze the building ASAP.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 August 2017

The room was perfect. Everything was clean and organized, perfect service as well. I wish breakfast was longer i really didn't get to enjoy it. overall the bedroom was very beautiful and clean, i will defiantly be coming back!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 July 2017

Even though this hotel was for the most part clean overall, it had a very "murdery" vibe. I didn't feel particularly safe. I don't know how hotels like this still manage to stay in business when you're able to get a much better place on sites like hotwire. I only stayed here because it was one of the only places with an outdoor pool in the area I needed to stay in and I wanted to enjoy some sun and pool time while I was just staying in town one night for work purposes. There is a landfill next door, so the aroma of that as well as the traffic noise from the freeway made the outdoor pool rather unpleasant to use. The mattress was borderline decent but the polyester sheets were very hot and uncomfortable.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank timmJ9909PS
Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

Feeling a bit uncomfortable about the place as we drew up, it looked deserted and overgrown we were greeted by a Very snotty receptionist was adamant we had no booking, even when I showed her the e.mail confirmation reminder sent two days ago. Sarcastically asking when we booked 'today? naming a number of companies, I confirmed that it was April and directly on ABVI website, but she didn't believe us. Eventually she found the booking but then said we should have been here 1 May not 1 June!! We told her that if it was May then we would have been charged for a no-show, which he hadn't been. It was as though it was our fault her system was telling her something stupid!! We asked for recommendations for somewhere to eat and she waved her hand, indicating 'down there', which we took to mean Madison which is 8 miles away! Once we got sorted and made our way to our room, the corridors were dirty, the stairs worn, room carpet rucked, fridge not plugged in, bathroom neglected and vinyl floor patched.
This is the last time we will use ABVI, there's a lot better places to stay for the same or better prices and a lot less hassle.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

I absolutely hate this place. Constant bugs and spiders in and covering the building. All the time. Even in rooms. Im a very organized solitary person. I keep to myself, yet constant knocking on my wall from neighbors if i so much sneeze. Ive awoken to ants in my bed and the bathroom is atrocious. Employees arent well trained in customer service. Ive only stayed a night, however i have a friend who stays monthly and for monthly services 850 is NOT worth it. Its a disgusting awful place, and if an emplyee doesnt like you, get ready for false accusations. Such as accusations of smoking weed and tobacco in my room. Yet none of that has ever occured. I would recommend no one ever stay here.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Cj A
Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

Lady at night when we checked in was nice. We had a noon check out. Next day, housekeeping came in our room at 10AM, we said we have a late check out. 11:15 hit and front desk called us and told us we had to leave because it was check out time EVEN WHEN we've already explained that the lady at the front desk at night already gave us the okay to check out at 12, so we left. Word of advice, don't tell your customers they can have a late check out and then force them out before their check out.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple