“This is a great place..”

Cambria hotel & suites
Ranked #19 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Chicago, IL
“This is a great place..”
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Stayed here over the weekend for a Wisconsin football game. This hotel is very nice. It feels more like an apartment then a hotel with very nice modern furnishings. We had a corner suite with a full bedroom, living room, spacious bathroom, two TV’s etc. The lobby is comfortable and also very nicely decorated. It takes about 15 to 20 minutes to get to downtown Madison and the Wisconsin campus. Having previously stayed at two campus walking distance hotels (at a premium rate), I preferred this one as parking was no hassle, it’s an easy drive in and the room is much better and more comfortable. I would have no hesitation staying here for our next trip to Madison.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
cambriamadison, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites, responded to this review, 16 November 2011
I love the corner suites in our hotel. They are my favorite room choice for our Cambria Suites. We are glad you had a great stay! -Dave

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Miltona, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 26 October 2011

OK - so I have not been to the hotel yet but I am so excited! Your hotel looks fantastic and it sounds like you have great customer service. I'm in a long distance relationship and I spend about one weekend a month in Madison, for the past two years. We still have not found the perfect place to enjoy our weekends. I have high hopes for this coming weekend!

I'm looking forward to writing a raving review after our stay this weekend! See you soon!

Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
So, how was your stay? Let us know how we did. -Dave
Manahawkin, New Jersey
Reviewed 25 October 2011

In late September, I was traveling on business, and lodging was provided at the Cambria Suites in Madison. I was absolutely not expecting this great experience from a mid-level hotel. On par with many higher tier brands, the Cambria is the newest offering from Choice Hotels (famously known for the Quality, Comfort and Clarion Hotels). While you may or may not prefer those brands, you'll absolutely love the Cambria experience.

Inside the room, I found one of the MOST comfortable hotel beds I have ever slept on in my life! It was incredible. I would buy one if I could. You'll also find a great workspace, and it was easy to connect my laptop, as all the necessary connections were at desk level. A sitting area, microwave, fridge and 2 flat panel TV's adorn the room, which was spotlessly clean and maintained.

In an effort to find something 'less than perfect', I could only suggest the bathroom lighting. While not an issue for me, my Mom or Sister would almost certainly want more or brighter light. The hotel boasts a small pool, and hot tub, but during my 1-night stay, I didn't have time to enjoy these.

Unlike my recent trip to Denver, you'll almost certainly need a car to get anywhere, as this would be a suburban location of Madison. Fortunately, Cambria also offers casual fare dining, another unique concept. In the lobby, you'll find options for breakfast, specialty coffee drinks, lunch, supper and a full bar! Breakfast is not free as is commonly the trend in mid-level hotels, but that's ok by me, as it tends to change the atmosphere towards a more business-oriented climate. No need to leave if you can do all your work from a Laptop - plus free Wi-Fi! In room coffee makers features Wolf Gang Puck coffee.

If you're in Madison, or any city with a Cambria Suites, definitely give it a try on your next trip.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank historytraveler27
Thank you so much for your positive comments about our Cambria Suites. We look forward to your next return to Madison. -Dave
New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 October 2011

We did no research before selecting this hotel - we just needed somewhere to stay and booked it at the last minute. We were pleasantly surprised. The room was very big - basically a bedroom with seperate lounge. Very clean and because the hotel is on a business park, it was very quiet. There is a coffee shop onsite for breakfast but by the time we got there, there wasn't much choice. Also, don't rely on the coffee for a massive caffine hit! My americano with extra espresso was weak tasting. The barista was not interested in serving me.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
cambriamadison, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites, responded to this review, 19 October 2011
We are glad you found us! Please remember the Cambria Suites when your travels bring you back to Madison.-Dave
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 17 October 2011

UW Homecoming weekend in Madison was even better wiht this hotel. Refreshing modern decor, nice room amenities, hot breakfast for purchase was excellent. This stay exceeded our expectations. It is notclose to campus, but that was not a concern for our group.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Thank you for sharing your Badger homecoming weekend with us!-Dave
Wisconsin
Reviewed 16 October 2011

great place to stay in Madison. Would be perfect if closer to UW :) Very inviting lobby, spacious, clean rooms. The only negative was the small pool, which I never use anyway, but my teens were looking forward to swimming. Would stay here again

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
We are glad you enjoyed our hotel. Thanks!-Dave
Arlington Heights, Illinois
Reviewed 14 October 2011

This is my favorite place to stay in Madison. It is modern, clean, and newer. Rooms are great, and nicely equipped for the business traveler. Boutique style decor. My only criticism would be the breakfast options. Limited buffet available for $10. Smaller breakfast items are not the greatest.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for your positive comments about our beautiful hotel. In addition to our breakfast buffet, we have various breakfast menu items available for purchase. We hope to see you soon! -Dave