“SHOCKING”

Cambria hotel & suites
Ranked #17 of 64 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed 31 July 2017

First time in Madison, first time staying at the Cambria anywhere. This hotel shocked the moment I opened my door, beautiful bath, sitting area with TV & computer desk (sofa and overstuffed chair), then king size bed dresser, and another flat screen tv. Service, cleanness and super staff was way more than expected. I have stayed in many hotels at this price for a lot less. If I am in any area the has Cambria Hotel you will find me there. Best experience for the buck I have ever had. Saturday & Sunday breakfast $5.00 with sausage, eggs, biscuits, gravy, hash browns, fruit and more! Great experience and Thanks for my niece that was getting marriaged for the recommendation!! Pleasant Surprise for all!

Room Tip: Was on 3rd floor around corner from the elevator and very quiet!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Cambriawi143, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Guests like you are a pleasure, and we were delighted that you stayed with us! Please do not hesitate to call us if you have any lodging needs in the future. Thank you! -David Monte

Reviewed 20 July 2017

Picked up a suite based on points I earned last year on vacation. The room was huge. Almost 3 rooms and a bath. Room furniture was adequate. TVs were on the small side but no biggie. This place very new so everything was in top shape... almost. The only issues we had were... #1 the bed was too soft and sunk in on one side. I don't know how a mattress that is less than a year old could feel quite so old. Maybe they were defective. #2 The ironing board was so cheap it behaved like cardboard. It was so wrinkled (wavy like wet cardboard) that if you ironed your clothes they looked more wrinkled than before you ironed them. #3 There is a smoke detector right above the bed and it blinked all night. My wife said she was worried it was actually a camera. #4 The ample number of bed pillows were all the same and a bit too thick for me. Wish there would have been a variety. I prefer thin and feathery. #5 Even though the room looked immaculate the carpet was surprisingly dirty. My wife wore white socks in the room and within a few minutes they looked black on the bottom.
Even with all the caveats I would still recommend this motel and would stay there again. It's beautiful. The downside for some would be no pets and no free breakfast. If that isn't a deal breaker for you it is actually a very attractive place and easy to unwind and relax in. I will call them and recommend they look into and maybe replace the mattress in that particular room.

Room Tip: Wear socks in the room. If you like thin pillows you might want to bring your own.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joseph W

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience. -David Monte

Reviewed 18 July 2017

We stayed in Madison at the Cambria this past weekend for a family wedding in Columbus. WOW! I did not expect the hotel to be SO lovely and well decorated! The rooms were amazing with the separate sitting area and 2 flat screens! The beds were very comfortable and I ADORED the dragonfly motif on the comforter and shower curtain! AS you can tell from my review- we enjoyed our stay and would DEFINITELY stay at this brand again while traveling.

Room Tip: A great stay for the money spent.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Gay T

Please accept my sincere thanks for giving us the opportunity to serve you. Our staff will always do everything possible to merit the confidence you have shown in us. Thank you! -David Monte

Reviewed 10 July 2017

I like Cambria Suites, you get a lot of room in your room (and I have two teens, so that's a good thing), the decor is great and it's nice and clean. The only complaint I have is that the pool is the size of a postage stamp...the hot tub holds 6 people and the pool has a 12 person capacity. So, it's not really a pool, but more of a counterpoint to the hot tub, you won't be swimming any laps. We didn't even get in it, just used the hot tub. Didn't eat the breakfast buffet, even though they do discount it for the weekends. Quiet area of town on the weekend.

Room Tip: The accessible tub has a million bars to hold onto but you do have to step over it to get in.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Cambriawi143, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Please accept my sincere thanks for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We appricate your business and we hope to see you soon! -David Monte

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Me and my wife had an amazing time at this hotel. Even though it was for only one night the room was very comfortable. The pool is a little small. But the room makes up for it. i recommend staying at this hotel. Very quite location. we will be back for a longer stay.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

It has been a pleasure serving you, and we want you to know that we appricate your business. Thank you! -David Mont

Reviewed 5 July 2017

Pros: The room, INITIAL customer service, location... all excellent. Pleasantly surprised, as I'd never stayed at a Cambria Suites location before. The amenities were plentiful; everything looked clean and well taken care of. The updated/modern decor was welcoming. Impressed at first sight! Even though my room was next to the elevator, I slept soundly, as no hallway/other room noise permeated my room! I will be back, though with a particular eye to reservations and/or invoicing because...

Con: They charged the wrong account and seemed overtly unapologetic when it was brought to their attention. The young lady who was "taking care of it" even ended up adding an additional night on the wrong account. A few days later, I spoke with a manager who also seemed dismissive of the concern. It was eventually corrected, but it appears that the excellent customer service is on a face-to-face basis only. I want to believe this error was a fluke; their response to it was too offhand to me.

If you're in the Madison area, and want somewhere great to stay (super comfy bed; great location close to many restaurants, activities, and freeway access), this could be your go-to. I'd just make sure to dot your i's and cross your t's with your invoice.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

I am so glad to hear that you were happy with your accomidations during your stay with us. I do apologize for the billing mix up, and I'm glad to hear we were able to correct the issue. Please do not hesitate to call us if we can be of any further service. Thank you! -David Monte

Reviewed 3 July 2017

This is a very nice & clean hotel. Super friendly & sweet staff to deal with at the front desk. Rooms are excellent & clean with a microwave & refrigerator . It was nice to have a separate sofa & tv to relax & enjoy the dinner. Would definitely stay again when in town.

Room Tip: Quiet rooms , close to restaurants
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Guests like you are a pleasure, and we are delighted that you stayed with us! We'll see you soon on your next trip to Madison. -David Monte