All reviewssitting areabreakfast buffetchoice hotelsbusiness parkirish pubsmall poolvery nice hotelking suitelobby barcomfortable bedmodern decordesk arearoom was largefitness centerwould stay here againpull out couchnice size
Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

I chose Cambria because it is in the Choice system, and I have had several wonderful experiences with Choice-associated hotels. This is not one of them. The pull out bed was disappointing, maybe 2" thick. You could feel springs. They were also missing enough towels etc. they did change rooms for us, and the 2nd room had a torn inner shower curtain that made the experience memorable. Breakfast was sparse and uninspiring so we wound up at a nearby restaurant.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Wally W
Cambriawi143, General Manager at Cambria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2017

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. -David Monte

Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

In town for our annual visit to the Great Taste, this was an excellent choice for 3 adults. It is a ways from downtown, but way to get there by highway using own car or Lyft.
Arrived around 11 am and was greeting by a very friendly clerk and able to check in early.
Hotel lobby featured modern decor and was clean and pleasing.
Our suite (on top floor and away from elevator as I had requested ) was in great condition and very spacious. Bedroom had king sized bed and closed off completely from the living room (unlike some places that advertise suites that really aren't separate rooms). Even the bathroom was very spacious and had a tub with shower with good water pressure.
Didn't spend time at hotel really other than sleeping but bed was comfortable enough, air conditioning worked and we had plenty of room for 3 of us. There was few coffee in Lobby which is always appreciated.
Would definitely stay again next year!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your comments will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one. -David Monte

Reviewed August 11, 2017

I was in Madison for a work event with two of my children. This hotel is very nice! It is very modern and clean, and the room set up was absolutely perfect for us. The desk area is seperated from the main room by an open-ish wall, so I was able to work and have some privacy. There were two queen beds and a pull out couch, so all three of us were able to have our own bed. We also used the fitness center and pool/hot tub, both of which are small but we couldn't complain as both were empty. The customer service was also great. There were only two odd things- one, the outlets in the room are placed so that it's hard to charge a cell phone and have it sitting next to the bed, as there were no open outlets near the side table sitting between the beds. We just set our phones on the floor. Also, we were charged $26 for the breakfast buffet which I knew ahead of time would be the case, but I was expecting the buffet to be more than what is normally offered for free at other hotels. It was the same- no more variety and no better quality. We would stay again, for sure, but would just go elsewhere for breakfast due to the high cost for what you get.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Cambriawi143, Guest Relations Manager at Cambria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2017

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon! -David Monte

Reviewed August 6, 2017 via mobile

I should have lowered my expectations from the get go when I made my reservation. The lady on the phone was difficult to work with, especially when I told her I found the room online for a fraction of the cost she was quoting me.
Check-in didn't impress me, the front desk member was sitting at the desk playing on his phone. He was friendly and gave good information about the hotel, but a bad first impression nonetheless.
The King room I had was spacious and nicely decorated, very comfortable. I was impressed with bathroom's cleanliness. I patranized the restaurant bar with the others in my group. Nothing special.
Upon returning to my room and crawling into bed, I found 2 pillows had stains on them (one blood the other a pen) as well as a strand of black hair. Nothing worth a huge complaint just disappointing with the cost.
There is no breakfast included but they did have a small offering of food in the restaurant to purchase.
I would most likely stay again when in the area.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with our team to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future. Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Madison. -David Monte

Reviewed August 3, 2017

My Granddaughter had a hockey tournament in a near-by town. The two sets of Grandparents and family stayed at Cambria along with many if not all the team and their families. Everything went well. They had a nice pool which help entertain the younger children while waiting the several hours in between games. The rooms were very clean and good sized. They had a large lobby that we were able to use in the evening allowing the team and families to socialize and order in pizza. I definitely would stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family