“Good food but limited menu”
Review of The Bayou - CLOSED

The Bayou
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 April 2015

Went with a friend who recommended I try this place. I love Cajun/Creole food, and my friend had been here on many occasions with great results. We went on Saturday, around 5 or 6. There were not many customers, which gave us many options for seating and a quiet place for conversation. The menu was quite limited, more of something you would have for a lunch. I had the rice with chicken and andouille sausage with an appetizer of sweet potato fries. Both were excellent. The large size of the dish is substantial--a half order would have been perfect for me. My friend had a po-boy, which she said was good as well. Service was good, from the time of entering to the time we left. I will definitely return if the menu changes or more options become available (there used to be a bigger menu, but it has been shortened in the recent months).

Reviewed 12 April 2015

Went to this restaurant for lunch during Lent, and was served some of the best crawfish etouffee that I've ever had! Great feel to the place, the manager was very friendly, the food is very reasonably priced, and everyone in our group of 10 was really pleased with their orders (fish fry, jambalaya, my etouffee, beans and rice). I'll be back!

Reviewed 21 February 2015

Worth the effort to find this New Orleans themed establishment. A gem of cuisine tucked near in a neighborhood off the Capital square.

Reviewed 6 February 2015 via mobile

The service was outstanding. Very courteous and paid attention to our time constraints. After visiting New Orleans and falling in love with their food, this is as close as the real thing. We can't wait to come back.

Reviewed 21 January 2015

Looked for an ethnic restaurant near capitol. Decided to try the Bayou (I really like Louisianne's in Middleton but didn't wish to drive that far out of our way). I am satisfied with my decision. We were there on Thursday and were treated with a Blues musician (Fridays are Zydeco). Service was good and the server spent a fair amount of time with us, but, the crowd was small (only 2 waiters at that time). The menu listed on TripAdvisor was not current, but there were choices that were agreeable. I had the Gumbo and Jambalaya, my wife had the Shrimp Etouffee. All were very good. The Jambalaya and Etouffee were mostly soup with a scoop of rice (I am more familiar with the rice being more prominent). I would take friends there if in the area.