“Drink too much in New Orleans”
Review of The Bayou - CLOSED

The Bayou
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 July 2015

I have never been here when I have not already been drinking. That being said, my impressions are all positive! Great oysters on the half-shell, cold beer, and substantial N'Orleans fare.
Need to try this place sober.....but what fun would that be?

Reviewed 27 April 2015

Went with a friend who recommended I try this place. I love Cajun/Creole food, and my friend had been here on many occasions with great results. We went on Saturday, around 5 or 6. There were not many customers, which gave us many options for seating and a quiet place for conversation. The menu was quite limited, more of something you would have for a lunch. I had the rice with chicken and andouille sausage with an appetizer of sweet potato fries. Both were excellent. The large size of the dish is substantial--a half order would have been perfect for me. My friend had a po-boy, which she said was good as well. Service was good, from the time of entering to the time we left. I will definitely return if the menu changes or more options become available (there used to be a bigger menu, but it has been shortened in the recent months).

Reviewed 12 April 2015

Went to this restaurant for lunch during Lent, and was served some of the best crawfish etouffee that I've ever had! Great feel to the place, the manager was very friendly, the food is very reasonably priced, and everyone in our group of 10 was really pleased with their orders (fish fry, jambalaya, my etouffee, beans and rice). I'll be back!

Reviewed 21 February 2015

Worth the effort to find this New Orleans themed establishment. A gem of cuisine tucked near in a neighborhood off the Capital square.

Reviewed 6 February 2015 via mobile

The service was outstanding. Very courteous and paid attention to our time constraints. After visiting New Orleans and falling in love with their food, this is as close as the real thing. We can't wait to come back.