“Good food”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 February 2016 via mobile

Went for the first time with my husband. The staff is very friendly. They had a band playing the music of New Orleans. The decor is is beautiful with the ceiling full of stars that are twinkling. The food was very good.

Reviewed 7 January 2016

Always an interesting experience at the Bayou.

The food offerings are great and I always enjoy the ambiance. They serve Abita and other New Orleans beers. An enjoyable place.

1  Thank John C
Reviewed 7 July 2015

I have never been here when I have not already been drinking. That being said, my impressions are all positive! Great oysters on the half-shell, cold beer, and substantial N'Orleans fare.
Need to try this place sober.....but what fun would that be?

Reviewed 27 April 2015

Went with a friend who recommended I try this place. I love Cajun/Creole food, and my friend had been here on many occasions with great results. We went on Saturday, around 5 or 6. There were not many customers, which gave us many options for seating and a quiet place for conversation. The menu was quite limited, more of something you would have for a lunch. I had the rice with chicken and andouille sausage with an appetizer of sweet potato fries. Both were excellent. The large size of the dish is substantial--a half order would have been perfect for me. My friend had a po-boy, which she said was good as well. Service was good, from the time of entering to the time we left. I will definitely return if the menu changes or more options become available (there used to be a bigger menu, but it has been shortened in the recent months).

Reviewed 12 April 2015

Went to this restaurant for lunch during Lent, and was served some of the best crawfish etouffee that I've ever had! Great feel to the place, the manager was very friendly, the food is very reasonably priced, and everyone in our group of 10 was really pleased with their orders (fish fry, jambalaya, my etouffee, beans and rice). I'll be back!