“Pretty darn tasty”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 9 January 2017 via mobile

Stop by because it was freezing in Madison and I wanted a home cooked meal. To my surprise the food was authentic and great-tasting I will definitely be back

1  Thank nubianredz

Reviewed 14 December 2016

This place is the real deal for Cajun and Creole food. I just wish they would find a place that would be large enough for sit down. I cook Cajun and Creole food and know how to do it, and trust me, these guys know how to do it too! If you want the real deal in Madison, this is the place to get it.

1  Thank Dan B
Reviewed 4 November 2016 via mobile

This outstanding Cajun restaurant has been in Madison for decades. I have visited many times but not often enough. I normally get the Jambalaya or the seafood file gumbo or the crawfish Etouffee ~ always excellent. Yesterday I got the Mardi Gras combo with cornbread. The combo is Jambalaya, Red beans and rice, and shrimp Creole. It was a homerun. The restaurant's slogan is "Eat Mo' Bettah!" And you will. It is a perennial "Best of Madison" winner. Laissez les bons temps rouler!

Reviewed 27 August 2016

Small portions for trying to represent New Orleans. Customer Service was lacking (kind of threw down our order and did not want to answer questions). Red beans and rice was tasty and Shrimp Etoufee was super spicy but was also delicious. The french bread was worth the trip.

Reviewed 16 June 2016

wow this place has it all if you like Cajun food , cant wait to get a poor boy sandwich and some dirty rice , always good oh don't forget the beans and rice ! mmmmm