All reviews grand stay one bedroom suite full kitchen french toast pool and hot tub exercise room staff was friendly great place to stay waffles the breakfast area very nice stay beds were very comfortable complimentary breakfast front desk staff dishwasher wi
Reviewed June 14, 2018

I've been here for 3 nights and am staying one more night.
The first day no one cleaned my room at all. The second day they semi-cleaned it after I called to let them know. The third day they almost cleaned it but didn't make the bed. How hard is it to make the bed?
Last night I complained (again) to the front desk and staff promised she would notify housekeeping and that it would be cleaned today. Attached are photos of what it looked like when I got back today at 9:00 pm.
They should be embarrassed.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Aaron P, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Madison, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2018

I sincerely apologize for any miscommunication within our housekeeping department. I would really like to follow up with you regarding this issue so that we can prevent this from ever happening again. If you could please contact me and let me know your room number, it would go along way to prevent inconveniences like this from occurring in the future. Thank you

Reviewed May 28, 2018

Grand Stay Suites makes any and all business travelers feel at home. From the time you enter you will find a group of professionals that want to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. The casual lobby area offers guests comfort as if you're at home.

Stayed: May 2018
Aaron P, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Madison, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are delighted that you have enjoyed staying with us. We look forward to having you back!

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here on our last night of a 2 week vacation. Out of the 7 places we stayed this was the best and for a price that was within $10 of the comfort inn. Service was exceptional, rooms were clean, beds were very comfortable and breakfast was top level continental. If I could make 1 request get rid of the turkey sausage and bacon!

Stayed: April 2018
Aaron P, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Madison, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave feedback! I assure you that we do not serve any turkey bacon or sausage but hopefully you found other items on the breakfast that you did like. We look forward to having back. Cheers!

Reviewed April 1, 2018

This place is filthy, dated, stinky, and poorly maintained. Loud kids, appearing to be friends of the desk clerk, ran through the halls yelling and slamming doors until after 12:30am. Complaints got us nowhere. The rude desk clerk was clearly annoyed with me for bothering her while listening to her music. She rudely yanked out her ear buds and moaned when I asked her to contact a manager. After listening for 10 minutes and not hearing her make a phone call, she told me she texted him, put her ear buds back in, and looked away. I have filed a complaint with the corporate office, so we'll see how much they care if they actually respond to me. Stinkiest "non-smoking" hotel we have ever been in. Curtains were broken, so daylight woke us way too early after a poor night of sleep. We have stayed in $50 a night hotels that were cleaner and had more attentive staff. Don't know if this particular hotel is representative of all Grand Stays, but we will not be finding that out.

Room Tip: If you want a nice room, choose another hotel
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Aaron P, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Madison, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2018

Hello Janet! I have also reached out to you privately and await your reply. We will ALWAYS do everything we can to make things right when a guest is dissatisfied. It was spring break during your stay so we did have an influx of younger kids staying with us who would otherwise be in school. I have reviewed the security footage and there were only ever guests speaking to my front desk staff, not friends. My staff is not allowed to have friends visit during while they are working. I apologize that I am not physically available 24 hours a day. I told my staff, when she contacted me to walk the halls and try to quiet down any rambunctious children, which she did. Our hotel is normally very quiet, clean and peaceful. I will certainly be looking into the issues you brought up with cleanliness and maintenance but other than the curtains, you didn't name anything more specific. I sincerely do thank you for brining up these issues so that I may retrain my staff and follow up to make sure everything is nice for our guests. Again, I await your reply.

Reviewed April 1, 2018

Service was fantastic, Room was super clean, beds were comfortable, room was huge, great price, and the breakfast was fantastic! Only thing I wished was for the pool to be bigger. Great stay and we will be back!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Aaron P, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Madison, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us feedback! We can't wait to have you back!