“Excellent service; good food ”
Review of Nick's Restaurant

Nick's Restaurant
Ranked #363 of 1,097 Restaurants in Madison
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Reviewed May 28, 2017 via mobile

Stopped here for breakfast since other places downtown were packed. We were nervous b/c it wasn't busy.
Excellent service and good no nonsense breakfast. If you're looking for fufu, this isn't the place, but for good food at good price - this is the place,

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed April 13, 2017

Nicks looks like a rundown bar with no visual appeal. The food however is always good which is what keeps bringing people back for a meal. I can't help but wonder why the owner doesn't put some money in to cleaning it up and upgrading the tables and booths. Nothing extreme mind you but even a coat of paint might help.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed February 14, 2017

My wife and I went for dinner----she had a burger with fries and I had a chicken plate with salad.--Both were great---with a coffee--the bill was $22 with tax---very reasonable.When you look around in detail--everything is in great condition--not run down--but you have the feel of years ago---nice charm. Service could not have been better and more polite---had Danielle----ask for her--you be happy.Many items to choice from.

Date of visit: February 2017
1  Thank suedo66
Reviewed January 5, 2017

my husband and I went to Nick's Wed. night before our show at the overture center. Our waitress, Nicole, was very attentive and answered all our questions regarding the food and the restaurant. my husband realized that he used to come here for lunch back in the 60's when he worked for Montgomery Wards - she was a very good waitress and very patient with us even though she had other customers to wait on.To my husband it brought many memories of days ago. We had a good meal - I had the Reuben and my husband had the steak sandwich which was amazing. We sat at the bar for a drink after we ate and it was so nice to see the bartender, waitress and the cook all chipping in and helping each other out. We had a wonderful time there and can't wait to go back. Very helpful and friendly people. Can't wait to go back! felt very welcome!

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed November 19, 2016

I have only eaten breakfast at Nick's, but do so almost every bus trip I take to downtown Madison. The owner and staff could not be friendlier, the atmosphere is congenial, and the food is very good.

Date of visit: November 2016