See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 11, 2017

We needed two rooms for the weekend of the Ironman. As you can expect most hotels were charging quite a lot that Saturday and Sunday night. We paid $503.75 for the two rooms for two nights. Hotel is not attractive on the outside and is located right next to the beltline. It appears that some of the rooms are used for long term guests. Room appeared clean but old. Could not control the air temperature. Beds were ok. We had to cancel one room due to a small auto accident and the other group could not make it. They refunded Sunday night but would not Saturday. Understandable but when I spoke to the front desk clerk I wanted it clear that they could not rent that room out since I paid for it for Saturday night. First she said they rented it, then she said no. She was very confused and hard to understand. Breakfast was a joke. Ran out of coffee and did not make more by 8am. Waffle iron was dirty and did not cook properly.

Room Tip: ok stay but may want to consider another.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2017

I tried to cancel my reservation due to the need to return home immediately yet the front desk clerk still charged me for one day as "that is what is our policy". I thought that they would have a little compassion knowing I would be on the road for more than 12 hours coming and returning home. IN ADDITION This place is sandwiched between a busy 4 lane highway and a firehouse. The "characters" walking around the area gave me concern for my safety. The front office is the size of a large closet and is is holdup protected by a sheet of plexiglass from the counter top to the ceiling with a little passage way for paying the bill. Between the location, the locals, and the total insensitivity to my need to cancel I would definitely not stay here should I return to the area.

Room Tip: Find a motel elsewhere.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank TravelBoy8491
Reviewed July 4, 2016

I wouldn't even get out of the car.... some back lane out of the way location with sketchy people standing around smoking.
the pics make it look nice but once I read other reviews I knew leaving was the right choice, they did not give me a refund

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
nanni34, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Mayflower, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2016

Hello,

Thank you for your response, we are currently trying to improve our hotel for future guests, sorry for you unpleasant experience.

Reviewed April 19, 2016

Called earlier to let them know we would be arriving late. Hard to hear and understand was told they close at 9am and to pick up ph when you get there in lobby. Well when arrived there was beer bottles all over the side walk2 doors down. When trying to figure out there "Password" after 8 times of calling this # my friend got a hold of them and handed me the ph. when I was telling her the difficulty of trying to figure out our room my friend said there was syringes laying in front of the same door of the beer bottles. At that time I told her we will not be staying here under those circumstances. She said she would not refund my money and that it's not normally like this..Well it was that night and told her that its not my fault for this and it's there responsibility. She still would not refund but did send us to another location that was so old and ran down that you still used a regular key to get in...full of smoke..but a little safer then this one. DONT STAY HERE!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wanda B

Thank you for your response, we are not 24 hours so we are sorry for your bad experience. We are currently trying to improve the hotel for better stays in the future.

Reviewed March 24, 2016

Thought I had already posted on this but will happily do so again. Long story, didn't stay here. Accidentally reserved a night thinking I was reserving at Ft. Atkinson. Search for place at Fort for some reason showed this place at top of list. I ignorantly didn't pay attention. 24 hr cancellation required. I was charged. Person in charge of Madison Inn flatly refused to consider waving the charge. Took 3 days & assistance of one employee to even get her to respond to my request. Did not take a call. Only got a terse email. Started with a desk clerk inappropriately referring me to "corporate." Corporate said Madison ABVI was place for me to call. That started the 3 day saga of getting in touch with management. Only 1 employee was even caring enough to try to help. Worst customer service I have ever experienced. I tried A LOT. I stay in hotels over 50 x per year. Will always consider other places before settling for a ABVI. Got to say the person at Ft. Atkinson couldn't have been nicer & more accommodating when I showed up there thinking I had a reservation.

Room Tip: Don't have an unexpected emergency. Late cancellations are refused.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends