All reviews fire pit fruit infused water front desk pancake machine alliant energy center hi express great hotel modern design quick access bottle of champagne free shuttle cinnamon rolls breakfast staff would stay here again newer hotel close to downtown shuttle service
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Overall the hotel has what any other holiday inn has. Overpriced small rooms located in the heart of madison. Beds were hard and pillows should be thrown away and replaced. Rooms are clean and facility is impressive. The staff made the trip enjoyable. Not a frown in the place and always approaching you asking how you are and if they can help. A few days they actually served free drinks to the guests. That's a bonus. The room is what I base my rating on. It's an average room at best. Reminds me of la quinta. I would recommend for smaller families or single travelers.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Mai C, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Madison Central, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Chuck W,

Thank you for the feedback. Due to our location in the heart of Madison, our rates can fluctuate based on the demand within the city. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our Manager's Reception in the evening during your stay and that our team made your trip enjoyable. Our hotel does offer suites when available, so if you are ever back in the area, we hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

This is one of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed in and I really appreciated friendliness of the staff. We were in town for a Wisconsin football game, and they had a free shuttle for us as well as a print out map of where we would be dropped off.
Also, the next morning when it rained, free umbrellas were available for guests.
This hotel is really well-maintained, And I would absolutely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Alana L, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Madison Central, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

LakeMom45,

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments! We are so happy to hear that you and your family had an amazing experience with us while you were in Madison for the UW football game. We love hearing that our shuttle was helpful and convenient for you. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed September 11, 2018

My husband and I attended the Ironman 2018 to watch my niece compete. We had a wonderful weekend. The hotel is perfect. Very clean. Rooms are a good size Very nicely decorated. The brunch area was very clean and the food selections worked for us. The staff is amazing. They always welcomed us with a warm hello and how are you today. Madison is a sweet town. They all were so welcoming to us during the Ironman. So glad we went.

Stayed: September 2018
Mai C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Madison Central, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2018

LittleGram,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are so happy to hear that our team was so welcoming while you came to cheer on your niece during the 2018 Ironman Wisconsin. We love hearing that you were able to had a great start to your day with our complimentary hot breakfast buffet. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed September 2, 2018

One of the best Holiday Inn I've ever stayed at. Stayed 2 nights and staff was great!
Very comfortable beds and great hot shower very quiet and clean. All the things one looks for when booking a hotel. They have all this covered which is why I would give this Holiday Inn a 5 star.
Good complimentary breakfast with plenty to pick from. They even offer a grab it and go sack for those in a hurry. Offered complimenty umbrellas for rainy days and your to keep. Has shuffle bus to downtown if needed. Which is great since parking is tight and hard to come by in downtown area.
Overall you can't go wrong booking this hotel! 5 star!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Alana L, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Madison Central, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

Kim K,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We love hearing that you enjoyed using our complimentary shuttle service during your stay. We are glad that our complimentary umbrellas were able to keep you dry during our rainy days recently. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

This hotel was amazing! Beautiful decor and very clean! LOVED the gym (free weights)!

Patricia, Sandy, Alex, and Tyler were friendly and welcoming! Patricia sat down with me in the lobby and took the time to visit with me. Alex chatted with me each morining after my run.

Great experience! I will stay here again and again!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Alana L, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Madison Central, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2018

Kevin O,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We appreciate your feedback and have passed along your kind words to each member of our team. We are so glad that you loved our fitness center and made good use of our proximity to the Capitol City Trail for your run each morning. We look forward to seeing you next time!