“Always a great experience staying here”

Best Western PLUS InnTowner
Ranked #9 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed 15 November 2011

I travel to Madison whenever I can, having family in the city. I stay at the Inntowner every trip and have always had a great experience. From the front desk staff to the general manager, they are always friendly and helpful when needed. The little cafe has a wonderful breakfast buffet that every guest can enjoy with their stay and I can always get coffee (important!) any time of the day. The hotel is always very clean and that is an important issue with me. The pool is small, but cozy in there and my grandkids love to swim there when they come on trips with me. The location is great - near the university, shopping, and downtown. The shuttle from the hotel will take you most anywhere you want if driving is an issue. I would recommend the Inntowner to anyone traveling to Madison.

Room Tip: The Highland Club has a nice cocktail hour in the evenings, drinks and appetizers available. Nice to...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Best Western PLUS InnTowner

Reviewed 14 November 2011

The staff at the InnTowner were very helpful and friendly. The hotel has been updated since i was last there, and I'm hoping they continue the renovation as the rooms were a bit outdated. I was happy because i could turn the heat off - i do not like it hot in my room, and i could set the temperature to one that was comfortable for me. That is unusual. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 November 2011

BE VERY WARY of your credit card information and billing with this hotel!! I received an unauthorized charge on my credit card from this hotel. In checking with the manager, I was told that it could not be a mistake because the card was swiped and the information had to be correct. I asked for documentation, only to be told the signature did not match my name or address. I assumed it was identity theft so cancelled my card. In further follow-up with the hotel, I learned that their hotel computer system pulled my card information from a previous visit and populated the billing information file for another guest with the same name -even though the guest told the hotel that they did not have that particular credit card! The desk staff ignored the guest's protests and used the information that came from their computer system for my card. I made several calls to get this problem addressed. I did not receive an apology from the manager - and was told that it was a problem with my common name and with training the front desk staff. So, my advice is to request that all of your personal information be removed from their system to avoid being billed for unauthorized charges.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Mary K
PLC58, General Manager at Best Western PLUS InnTowner, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2011

I apologize that your credit card was billed for charges that you did not incur and for the inconvenience you experienced trying to get this straightened out. This is an issue that needs an immediate resolution at a higher level. The manager you spoke with is in contact with the software company that provides us with the operating system to run the front desk and, with installations in over 5800 hotels their support team is telling us that they have never encountered this problem before. They have elevated the problem to their software technicians and are working to re-create the situation and develop a fix so that this does not happen at our hotel or any of the other properties that have their system installed. I am sorry that our desk staff responded inappropriately to the guest who noted that this was not her card. During a future visit to the Madison area we would like to extend to you a complimentary room and will send you a certificate that we hope you will use to come and enjoy our beautiful city.
Highest Regards,
Patricia Chang, General Manager

Reviewed 2 November 2011

In large part, if it wasnt for the friendly employees, this stay would have been a total drag. A group of friends and I stayed in a couple rooms the past weekend. Though it was halloween, the noise and lack of control throughout the hotel was unbelievable. The rooms were poor quality, both normal and "highland club" rooms. The rooms are small, smell like smoke, even though there is a non smoking policy. The front desk staff was incredibly nice and helpful. It was the first bright spot of our stay. Oliver and Brady were very helpful. They called cabs for us and were very patient with everything, unlike the other guy who was very snappy and inpatient. Finding a new hotel when visting madison again will be our first priority.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stephen J
PLC58, Manager at Best Western PLUS InnTowner, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2011

Thank you for taking time to comment on your recent stay with us. We are grateful to all guests that provide feedback so that we may continue to improve our services. On behalf of the entire team here at the BEST WESTERN PLUS InnTowner and The Highland Club, I would like to apologize for your experience not exceeding your expectations as well as our own. The weekend that you stayed is a very active weekend in Madison because of the Halloween “Freakfest” in the downtown area and is one of the few weekends in our hotel where we may receive noise complaints. We do strive to maintain a comfortable environment for all of guests during their stay and I apologize that other guests detracted from that setting. We do employ an outside security company and the guards were responding immediately to noise complaints. I can assure you that stronger measures, such as asking repeat noise offenders to immediately vacate their room, will be taken in the future. I apologize that the quality of the room that you reserved was not what you had anticipated. While we are a completely nonsmoking hotel, we do unfortunately have guests that ignore the city ordinance and ruin the experience of others. There were several rooms that night that we had to ask the occupants to stop smoking. We are pleased to hear that you received superior customer service from our employees, and I apologize for any staff member that might have marred that aspect of your experience. Again, we appreciate your remarks and thank you for choosing to stay with us.
James Belmont, Front Office Manager

Reviewed 26 October 2011

We came into town to enjoy a Badgers hockey game. We decided on spending a little extra money to stay in The Highland Club at the Best Western Inn Towner. The room was fantastic. The beds were wonderful, granite countertops, and flat screen TV. We were also excited for the complimentary Hors'Devours and drinks. They really made us feel like VIP's during our stay. It was also great that the hotel had a shuttle service to take us to and from the game. What a relief not to try and find parking. We also enjoyed the hot tub and breakfast buffet the next morning. We are already looking forward to our next stay in November!

Room Tip: The Highland club is worth the extra money!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Trent T
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Tried to cancel this hotel 48 hours prior and was told they had a 30 day cancellation fee due to the Wisconsin Football Game package. At 240.00 a night the rooms were adequate for a Best Western. The bathroom had a small portable shower head with not much pressure. The bath vanity was out in the room, offering little privacy. Someone came in and dropped off a cookie while we were out, left the door open. Breakfast was average to below average with the eggs being out and only sausage available. Good assortment of pastries. On a regular business night out would not pay over 79.00 a night though.The service at the restaurant was good and the front desk service was good. The maid service was good as well.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
PLC58, General Manager at Best Western PLUS InnTowner, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2011

Thank you for taking time to comment on your recent stay with us as we use feedback from our guests to improve upon our services. We recently added a complimentary hot full breakfast buffet as an amenity to our guests and the InnTowner is the only hotel in the downtown Madison area to offer this feature. We typically have two egg choices, sausage or bacon, pancakes or French toast, hashbrowns and breakfast potatoes, oatmeal as well as cold cereals, fresh fruit, yogurt with berries and granola, toast and our homemade pastries. I apologize that we ran out of eggs during your visit to the buffet. Typically we are able to replace and refill our breakfast items very quickly. As you stayed with us during a very busy football weekend, when many guests came down at once, we will be more diligent about making sure that we have a good back up of food ready so our guests do not have an inordinately long wait. I will also make sure that the concierge, during turn down service, is following proper procedures. Again, i appreciate your remarks. We do appreciate the opportunity to accommodate you on your visit to Madison.

Reviewed 3 August 2011

we were looking for place to sleep...tried to book something through priceline. it offered us a good price. the hotel was clean, staff friendly, good breakfast, location near highway.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends