“Another great stay”

Ranked #9 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Freeport, Illinois
“Another great stay”
Reviewed 15 March 2012

My husband and I were able to take a weekend off, and stayed at the Inntowner again, as we usually do when we go to Madison. We had a room in the Highland Club, which we recommend to anyone after a long work week! The room was beautiful, clean and so comfortable, and just what we needed to relax. The next morning's breakfast buffet was excellent - a lot of variety in hot and cold foods - and the service was the best!
The Inntowner is located by the University hospital and clinic, and is so central to a lot of shopping and attractions, it makes it the perfect place to stay when we head to Madison. we'll be back!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Korean first
Bellevue Iowa
Reviewed 25 February 2012

On our recent weekend trip to Madison, I thought I had reserved a room for us at the Best Western on University. It turns out that I had mistakenly called a University hotel, and reserved a room there. Anyway, on checking in at the Best Western they obviously couldn't find my reservation. They put us up in a room anyway, and diligently called all of the Best Westerns in the Madison area, looking for our reservation. When they couldn't find it, they then started calling other hotels in the area, finally finding our reservation at a different hotel near the University. We were able to relax in a room (free of charge) for an hour while this search was going on. The people at the front desk, especially Jerad, were extremely helpful and gracious, not at all upset at my mistake. Next time we definitely will stay at this hotel. That kind of service is all too rare these days.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank clayt0np
Claremore, Oklahoma
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Thank you Jason and Teresa and Staff at the Hotel there in Madison. I am glad we chose your hotel while we visited my mother. Our room was perfect and Was described as on-line. Thanks To Jason for fixing my reservation when we arrived and making sure we had directions to where we needed to go while we stayed there. I would recommend anyone to this hotel if you are needing to stay in Madison, WI. Really close to the UW Hospital and everything else. Staff was really nice and courteous . Really Good morning Buffet and the beds were really a nice recharge from our long drive we had.
BTW. If you are able to upgrade your room to the highland club floor I would suggest that over the regular rooms.

Sincerely
The Dosh's

Room Tip: The 4th Floor was as quite as a mouse and never heard a peep from anyone else. The Highland Club roo...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Green Bay
Reviewed 14 February 2012

This is a great place to stay whether on vacation or because someone is at the UW Hospital. The shuttle service was amazing and oh so helpful!!!

Jason at the front desk was very helpful and attended to me very professionally.

Our entire family stayed over the 3 week span of a family members stay at UW Hospital. The breakfast is amazing!!! and Free - Really!!!

I would recommend this place to any and everyone!!!

Thanks,
Deb Geurts

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
PLC58, General Manager at Best Western PLUS InnTowner, responded to this review, 15 February 2012
Three weeks is a long time to be away from home so we are glad that our staff and our services were able to make it more comfortable and stress-free for you and your family. Jason is one of many team members that truly believe that serving our guests is a key to our success. Your kind remarks have been passed on to Jason and also to our restaurant staff. Perhaps your next visit to Madison can be a real vacation and we hope that you will think of us as your "home away from home".
Missoula, Montana
Reviewed 12 February 2012

i flew into madison very late for quick in-and-out interview at the university. in my haste, i had forgotten several toiletry items. ein at the front desk graciously brought me a toothbrush and toothpaste, and even went out of his way to hunt down a lint roller for me to borrow! jason was also very kind and exuded wonderful postive energy. i'd also like to say that it was the best free continental breakfast i have ever had!!, and the restaurant service was very nice. overall, my stay at the inntowner turned something as nerve-wracking as an interview into more of a mini-vacation. :)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
First, I hope your interview went well and that you will soon be calling our beautiful city of Madison your new home. I do want to tell you how much we appreciate your comments regarding your visit. Ein and Jason are two staff members that truly believe they can make a difference in our guests' stay and they practice Best Western "I CARE" Service. We are also happy that you enjoyed our full hot breakfast buffet and hope that it starts off the day-- in a great way-- for all our guests.
Deerton,MI
Reviewed 11 February 2012

We took advantage of the great shuttle service. Jason was very knowledgable and accomadating to our needs. We loved the convenience to the university hostipal. Jason was also willing to take us to any location we needed to go to.

Mrs. Schwengel

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for you comments regarding Jason, one of our team members at the hotel, and also on our shuttle service. It is our privilege to serve you and we are proud that we met our goal of great customer service.
Westminster, Maryland
Reviewed 11 February 2012

I stayed here when visiting UW hospital. The room was great and very clean and it was so convenient to have the shuttle pick us up from the airport, drop me at the hospital when I needed to be there (and picked me up on time!), and bring us back to the airport. Jason, our shuttle driver was very friendly and even took the time to drop my boyfriend off at State Street so he could explore Madison while I was busy. I would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank mcb122983
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your room and that the shuttle service accommodated your need to get around Madison. We have found that our complimentary van service is one of our guests' favorite amenities and we are proud to be able to offer it to our guests. We look forward to being your host hotel on future visits to Madison!