Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews raw food juice cleanse life changing yoga classes other guests two weeks at home pura vida costa rica howler monkeys the salt water pool the kitchen staff liver health retreat exceeded my expectations food was amazing a special place
Selected filters
Reviewed April 6, 2021

What an incredible place!

I was a little nervous to travel on my own to Costa Rica and, of course, to travel during the pandemic but I am SO GLAD that I did. My time spent at Hacienda del Sol was exactly what I needed to unwind and reconnect with nature, the sunshine, and most importantly myself. I truly could not have imagined a better or more rejuvenating vacation—I'm already excited to go back next year.

I signed up for the 21 day body transformation retreat, which was a juice cleanse + 2 weeks of Keto & primal fitness classes. The facilitators, Mascha and Ramiro, were both so supportive and gave me lots of incredible information and practical tools to take back with me to my day to day life. At the time of writing this, it's been a few months since my time at HDS and I can attest that I have implemented many positive changes that have truly (and lovingly) transformed my body and my relationship to myself and my overall wellness.

Perhaps the best part of Hacienda is the people. The staff were amazing. The guests were also amazing. It's the kind of place that just seemed to attract gems. I'm really grateful that I chose to travel there by myself as it was a wonderful opportunity to be open and to connect with everyone there — I met some incredibly inspiring people and made some wonderful new friends.

The bodywork/massages were next level—maybe the best I've had in my life. Each treatment felt so nourishing. And the food was also excellent—healthy, colourful, delicious. Yoga classes were great, too.
And, the daily shuttle to watch the sunset and swim in the ocean was magical. Sigh, I almost feel like I'm being transported back to Costa Rica and listening to the birds and howler monkeys as I write this :)

All this to say, if you're in need of some TLC and time to rejuvenate, I highly recommend booking a trip to Hacienda del Sol.

Reviewed March 9, 2021 via mobile

Words can’t describe how much the staff and property at Hacienda Del Sol exceeded my expectations. The experience was absolutely transformative. Not only was I able to relax and rejuvenate but i actually made lasting changes that have positively impacted my health and lifestyle. The owners and staff are so knowledgeable, friendly and informative I literally cannot wait to go back. Ramiro, JJ, Sam, Jaun Carlos, Masha, Julia, Garnett and Chef Jazmin all made my experience better than I could have hoped for. The salt water pool and spa services left me feeling relaxed and Refreshed and the yoga and fitness classes kept me active and energized. The detox and keto retreat had me feeling like a new person. The juices and food were great, I lost weight, have more energy and took so many tips back into my everyday life that have helped me continue to progress. I can’t recommend this place enough and am already planning my next trip there!

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank I8475IBmichaelf
Reviewed March 8, 2021

I was looking for a life-changing experience, and I found that at Hacienda Del Sol (HDS)! Like for many of you, the pandemic, work, being a mom, and life in general were wreaking havoc on my physical and mental wellbeing. I needed a place to escape, unwind, decompress… well, you get the picture. The people at HDS helped me to do just that, and more. It’s just a shame that I hadn’t discovered HDS sooner!

From Garnet’s deep tissue rebalancing massage treatments to Mascha’s counseling and therapy sessions, I felt 100% better after my stay. Those reflective treatments paired with relaxing beach sunset excursions were amazing, as was everything else there! No matter what I needed or the questions I had, someone on staff was there to quickly help me. I wanted for nothing! The rooms, the views, the amenities, the classes, as well as the other guests… everything was top-notch. I arrived with alone-time in mind but ended up developing close bonds with other guests who provided insight, laughter, and comradery. Now, I consider these people to be some of my dearest friends. I especially loved the salt-water pool, the variety of fitness classes, the wild horses, and the caring eager-to-assist staff! And did I mention the food? They offer a variety of meals from vegan to keto, and are so accommodating of your food needs. Much of the food is grown on-site or sourced locally, and the women in the kitchen certainly know how to prepare it all so deliciously! Be sure to visit the garden greenhouse during your stay!

If you are looking for a transformative experience that lasts well beyond your stay, then a trip to HDS is in order. The owners, Ramiro and Crystal, truly want you to succeed and they do all they can to ensure that you have the knowledge and commitment toward your personal best health (mental and physical) when you return home. I know that I now have the tools to prioritize my life and have my best interests at heart. If you are feeling stressed, overweight, or just “blah”, do yourself a favor and book a stay at HDS. I can’t express how much this time at HDS has helped me, and I can't wait to return to my home away from home!

Reviewed February 7, 2021

It has been year and half since I have stayed at this fabulous place. I meant to write a review then...... here I am envisioning a revisit this year. It was such a fabulous experience on so many levels. The food was absolutely delicious, the service 10 star, the yoga and primal fitness class were fabulous, the instructors are fabulous. Ramiro my personal Keto coach was fabulous. FABULOUS, FABULOUS, FABULOUS!!!!! What more can I say? I AM GOING BACK!!!

Date of stay: March 2020
Reviewed February 6, 2021

2020 had taken a terrible toll on my health and wellbeing, like it has for many people. When I booked HDS last summer I really hoped that it would help me heal and set me on a better path. When I *finally* made it there (after Cdn government and airline setbacks)... I was relieved that it was exactly what I was seeking.

[this ended up being a long review. lf you're looking for the short version, it's this: Go, enjoy, and if you follow their program, come back to the real world restored.]

Whomever noted that HDS is like a giant hug is right on the money. The people here (owners and staff) genuinely care for their guests. They have so much knowledge to share, and I learned a lot about food, movement, the human body, and how to make positive changes in my own life after I came home.

I had many of the body treatments and they were all wonderful!! Between those and the yoga, I am in far less pain from a chronic back problem and walk so much taller and easier now. Truly transformational. Maria's osteo/deep tissue treatments reduced a great deal of my pain through some methods I had not tried before (despite having been to dozens of other practitioners), Julia gives an amazing restorative manual therapy session, Menhla eliminated a persistent shoulder issue, and Masha's body scrub and massage was TO DIE FOR :).

I had one of the Pura Deluxe rooms - minimalistic chic but everything you need, AMAZING linens (I've stayed in 100s of hotels around the world for work and love a good linen), great air con and wifi, very nice and updated bathrooms and a lovely private hammock facing the jungle. Quiet, peaceful and had some of the best sleeps of my life.

Everything here is gorgeous - the pool, the outdoor dining room, and the yoga room with 360 degree views of the jungle (including a friendly Iguana who attends many restorative classes :)). There were about 12 people at HDS when I was there, and never did it feel crowded, even at the pool.

I'm not a big yoga person and was a bit concerned that this experience would be overwhelming to me. But I loved the classes, the instructors are VERY kind, supportive (even to those of us who are less coordinated/flexible :)) and offer different options from easy to advanced so everyone is engaged. And, after having done yoga for 2 weeks straight, I now know first-hand how it can enhance my well-being both physically and mentally.

The food. The food! I did a week-long juice cleanse then the keto program for a week. Everything was DELICIOUS. And the ladies in the kitchen are a delight - extraordinarily hard working, but always willing to share what's in the food (or a joke about what the other guests and I jokingly called our "tequila" - aka the very non-alcoholic electrolyte shots :)) Most everything is grown on their property or, in the case of the fish, sourced in the little fishing village within walking distance. I could feel the difference quality,non-processed food made on my body within a few days.

They are very accomodating to various eating sensitivities, but one note to guests - please be courteous about it. They absolutely have systems to accomodate you, but demanding your needs be met on the spot and without following their system (and, in my experience, sometimes without even a "please") isn't fair to a small kitchen run by a small staff.

I was lucky to have visited at a time that had many lovely guests, and made some lasting friendships.

It was the transformational experience I was looking for, and the owner (Ramiro) is very invested in ensuring that guests are taught how to continue towards optimal health after we return home. It's not as easy in the "real world" as at HDS, but I feel like I have SO many more tools at my disposal now.

That said, HDS is a special place and I hope to return for another trip soon!!!!

1  Thank Alison T