“Amazing Food Generous Owner”
Review of Ancient People

Ancient People
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in San Juanillo
Cuisines: International
Reviewed August 21, 2016

My family was staying at a rental house about five kilometers from Ancient People and we had a big problem. My daughter who has severe food allergies and can't eat milk or butter was having her 13th birthday during our vacation. Knowing how difficult it is to buy a prepared birthday cake for her I brought with us a mix I knew she wan't allergic too and planned to bake it in our rental house. Of course all that planning was wasted when we discovered there was no oven. Enter the kind folks at Ancient People. We rather frantically asked them to please bake our cake mix for us and they agreed and charged us next to nothing for the work. They made a cake that was delicious and made my daughters birthday. While they baked our cake we enjoyed delicious lunch (smoothies yum!) and relaxed in the gorgeous surroundings. Please go see the folks at Ancient People when you are in Costa Rica you won't regret it.

1  Thank mandynelson

Reviewed July 10, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed having breakfast at ancient people every morning during our stay in San Juanillo. The atmosphere was amazing and it was steps away from a beautiful beach. Can't wait to go back!

Bassam & Reema

Reviewed April 25, 2016

Aside from the title, the real story is the owner - a sweet, kind man who takes much interest and pride in his restaurant. Great place to eat while visiting this quiet seaside village. We loved the prawn tacos and the tasty chicken sandwich. Also loved the flavorful smoothies - my banana and coconut milk smoothie was amazing.

Reviewed April 20, 2016

Stopped here for lunch after a visit to San Juanillo beach. It was a blazing hot day, but we cooled down with APs phenomenal smoothies and a great breeze on their shady deck. The food was delicious - amongst us we had fish tacos, chicken/rice and a falafel wrap - all fantastic! Relaxed atmosphere with a hippy vibe.

Reviewed March 30, 2016 via mobile

We rented a quad to ride up & down the coast on our own & we had someone tell us about this place. SO glad we went! It was totally worth the 40 minute drive! Very nice relaxing atmosphere, sweet & helpful staff, & great food & smoothies. Of course dogs hang out here too, one of my favorite things about Costa Rica. Very nice refreshing place to stop along our little adventure!