“Magnificent La Maison”
other travellers have booked this property
Gourmet kitchen built from ground up in last five years!
our home full frontal view
Check Availability
full frontal view
main gate
front porch
kitchen/sunroom
great kitchen, with courtyard thru windows
kitchen
courtyard
downstairs suite bedroom
room #2 shower
room #3 bath
balcony queen room upstairs.
view from front room balcony
suite parlor
suite bathroom
stairs - not kid-friendly!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Holiday Rental House -
4 Bedrooms, 4 Bathrooms, Sleeps 8
New Orleans, Louisiana

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 398 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
French first
German first
Italian first
Any
kralaska
Alaska
“Magnificent La Maison”
Reviewed May 22, 2004

I just returned from a four-day stay at this manificent B&B. I would highly encourage anyone looking for a quality residence to choose LMM. I have had the pleasure of staying in B&B's across the country and in France and Great Britain, and LMM would be in my top 3 of all of those. La Maison Marigny is located on a very quiet street within walking distance of the French Quarter and the wonderful night life of Frenchman Street. You will feel you have come home when you return at the end of the day to your beautifully decorated room. There has been great attention to detail in the decor of the rooms. Not only do you have a beautiful room to sleep in, but there is a fabulous sun room and kitchen. John is an exceptionally charming host who made us feel like friends instead of visitors. He provides cold drinks and internet access (just what you need after a day in the steamy French Quarter!). He was very attentive to our needs, and all of the statements that others have made about him are true!You cannot go wrong if you choose to stay at La Maison Marigny!

GrandTour...
Lexington, Kentucky
“Upscale comforts, real people”
Reviewed May 21, 2004

The thing I like about staying at La Maison Marigny is how it always offers many contrasts. For instance, it's a beautifully-decorated house with gorgeous linens so one would expect a rather stuffy owner. The opposite is true. John and Dewey and so casual, friendly and willing to go the extra mile to help! The location on Bourbon: one would think it's noisy and annoying. Again, not true! Quiet as can be but you are still so close that you can walk everywhere. I know there are many good hotels and bed-and-breakfasts in New Orleans but I really can't imagine why you'd stay elsewhere once you've discovered La Maison Marigny. --Steve Berg, Lexington, KY

Margaret...
Dallas, TX
“A Haven Near the French Quarter”
Reviewed May 13, 2004

The host is most helpful and accommodating. The room is lovely, quiet and comfortable. Everything about the B&B made for a very enjoyable stay and I would definitely stay here again.

MandyDB
East Quogue, New York
“Great B&B with true New Orleans flare”
Reviewed May 12, 2004

My husband and I just returned from a lovely stay at La Maison Marigny. Our host, John, made us feel so at home. Our room was so beautifully decorated and comfortable and all the "extras" - shampoo, toothpaste, breakfast, snacks, drinks...added to our enjoyment. John spent time with us each morning giving us great advice and tips on what to do for the day, where to eat. The location is very central and within walking distance to most things. Because of this we felt that our stay at La Maison Marigny and how we choose to spend our time gave us a true feel for life in New Orleans. I would not hesitate to recommend it to others.

Connector...
Madison, Wisconsin
“A great way to experience New Orleans”
Reviewed May 8, 2004
people found this review helpful

I write this on my last day in New Orleand and at La Maison Marigny. It has been a beautiful trip in large port thanks to this B&B and to the hosts. I enjoyed being able to safely walk everywhere from 1400 Bourbon. Three blocks to the market and the new Canal Streetcar line's Esplanade station, too. Everything is so easy to get to.

Our room has been very comfortable and fabulously decorated. I wish had the "touch" like these guys do.

Thanks, John & Dewy, Will see you again in 2005!

Curious30...
chicago, illinois
“wonderful b+b, great location!”
Reviewed April 27, 2004 for a stay in April 2004
person found this review helpful

my husband and i had a delightful, albeit short, 2-day stay at la maison. john is a consummate host and wonderful waffle chef. the location can't be beat -- close enough to enjoy walking through fabourg marigny and the quarter, but far enough from from the noise. we will definitely stay there again when we visit new orleans.

Value Rooms
Cleanliness Service
Esquire_S...
Los Angeles, California
“Superb!”
Reviewed April 26, 2004

This B&B was great...from the delightful feel and decorations, to the wonderful host, to the location, it just can't be beat. Situated on Bourbon St., but several blocks brom the noise and excitement, one is close enough to enjoy the fun, but still far enough away for peace and quiet. Considering that the eateries and clubs on Frenchman St. are also only a few blocks away, you just can't have a better location. With the B&B's beautiful courtyard, cozy rooms, and the fresh baked muffins every morning, waking up here was the perfect accent to our stay. I would highly recomend this B&B for anyone planning a trip to New Orleans.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing