All reviews rooftop bar french quarter an iron mini bar business district restaurant downstairs boutique hotel great shower coffee pot walking distance super dome bed was comfortable very nice hotel valet service canal street rooms are small enjoyed my stay
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights. I believe we had the best room that they offer.

#914

The hotel staff was top notch! I was hesitant about staying here but just because it was part of the Hilton brand we decided to give it a try. We usually book Hilton or Doubletree. The bar downstairs and upstairs was staffed properly. Food was just ok but the customer service out weigh any negatives at this hotel.

The valet was pretty quick as much as we came and went. This hotel is not in the center of the city so if walking is your thing than this hotel may be great for you.

The room was nice. Bed was a little too low for me. The style of the room itself is just not what I am used to. It was modern but not in the modern way I am used to. The furniture and fixings were just not my style. I’m still giving it 5 stars cause it’s a great hotel. I hardly ever stray away from Hilton just because I know what to expect and this hotel just proves to me that even though the experience is a little more intimate, I would rather stick with a Hilton vs a boutique hotels.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
John M, General Manager at The Troubadour Hotel New Orleans, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share this detailed review and we are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the service our team provided. We have shared your feedback with our team and congratulated them for exceeding your expectations which is our ultimate goal with every guest. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to always being your hotel of choice when visiting our city.

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

When we visited, the hotel had recently opened. Extremely clean room, great area, friendly bellhops. Front desk was nice. We tried the Deviled eggs at the restaurant and they were yummy. Bed was not very comfortable, which was unexpected. No issues with housekeeping. We did wake up on Saturday morning with no water, and I assume it was because of something that was going on at the nearby construction site at the time. This did affect our morning plans a bit, and no one notified us of why it was off or when it would be back on. Outside of that, we had a great stay. We went to the rooftop bar just to check out the view, which was pretty cool. We loved the location of the hotel, as it was close to everything, but not in the middle of the loudness and partying.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and we are happy to know you enjoyed almost every aspect of your stay. Your feedback will be shared with our team and they will be commended for their efforts. Your business is important to us, so be sure to return for another visit real soon.

Reviewed April 3, 2018

We recently traveled to New Orleans from March 28 through April 2, 2018. Our stay at The Troubadour Hotel New Orleans was fabulous! Every single staff member was helpful with suggestions on places to eat, and things to do in the city. Carl was extremely helpful and went above and beyond to ensure that we enjoyed our stay not only at the hotel but in the city as well. I loved the hotel decor and atmosphere. The next time I'm in New Orleans there is no doubt about where I will stay!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
John M, General Manager at The Troubadour Hotel New Orleans, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2018

Thank you very much for the nice review of our property and staff. Carl will be commended for his efforts in going above and beyond to ensure you were well taken care of. We are thrilled to know that we will always be your hotel of choice when visiting New Orleans and look forward to having you back real soon.

Reviewed April 1, 2018

The hotel is a cheap line of Hilton hotels. It does not have any style, it looks more to an apt house than a hotel. The reception is very small, the breakfast area not welcoming, the rooms are sizewise JUST ok. The location is in a quiet area, some minutes walk to the french quarter.
The breakfast is very basic, you can barely find fresh ingredients. It isn´t at all worth the money. The young staff in the hotel are freindly, but not experienced. You have the impression, they are new to the hotel industry.
The hotel needs either to bring more quality or to reduce its prices.
If you want to stay in the area, I would recommend the hotel NOPSI. It has a beautiful reception and breakfast area, very stylish

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
John M, General Manager at The Troubadour Hotel New Orleans, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and we certainly apologize for not meeting expectations. Please know that we will work diligently on improving in these areas of concern but I do want to mention that all items from our kitchen are fresh and made from scratch. Our hotel is still very new to the market and we have only been a Hilton property for a few months. We are building a fresh, young, energetic team that has a mix of experience along with those eager to get into the hospitality industry.
Come back for another visit in the near future and I assure you that the improvements on your concerns and in all areas will be very evident.

Reviewed April 1, 2018

On check-in the desk staff were welcoming but I felt the lobby lacks much in the way of ambiance. In particular, there's no comfy seating unless you want to sit directly facing the desk staff.

Our room was small but clean, attractively furnished and in good condition. The bed was very comfortable and I appreciated the use of roller blinds at the windows rather than curtains/drapes. The bathroom was something of a highlight: spotlessly clean with lots of space, good lighting and a huge walk-in shower.

We tried the rooftop bar on a couple of occasions. The views are great but on our last visit they had a DJ who cranked the music volume to ear-splitting levels.

A note on the location: the hotel is about a 20 minute walk from Jefferson Square in the French Quarter. It's a similar walk in the other direction to the WWII museum. The St. Charles trolley, for heading out to the Garden District, is about three blocks south, but try boarding at Canal Street rather than St. Charles Avenue.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay and we are delighted to hear you enjoyed most aspects of your stay. We are currently working on improving your concerns of the lobby seating and also the volume levels that the DJ's sometime hit when they get carried away. Come back for another visit and I assure you that you will see an improvement in these areas.