“Not my best stay at a JWMarriott!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of JW Marriott New Orleans

JW Marriott New Orleans
Ranked #57 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
San Mateo, California
“Not my best stay at a JWMarriott!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

I am writing this review while still at the hotel! I transferred to this hotel from Harrahs as they were booked up (wonderful stay there - see my review) I am a Marriott Rewards member.
Pros - great room, great location, nice and helpful staff
Cons - tiny, tiny bathroom, internet access - awful (used my phone to access work emails as using laptop took so long),
hot water using it for first time was very cool- had to run it for 10 mins for it to warm up,
room service for breakfast - if you put out your order before midnight - check that it was taken as soon as you get up - ours was not taken and we had a tour to go on - their recovery from this was fast but when we called down they were not surprised!

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank Flowerbloss

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
  • Indonesian first
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

We never stay in our room too long when we're in New Orleans,so we usually get a place on Priceline. The hotel was clean and the room had a good sized bathroom. No complaints. We were supposed to have a king and got 2 doubles,but we didnt change rooms. Everyone was pleasant and there is a Starbucks in the hotel as well as a Chase atm,which was helpful. Super convenient to the french quarter and the warehouse district.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Crashed427
Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

Checking was a breeze, the staff most helpful with checking me and received a great room with a view of the river (thanks to other reviews I was well prepared and the guy checking me in seemed appreciative) albeit the view was between buildings… The room was a corner room and it was fine, clean- especially for the amount of time I spent in it.
I was sitting at the concierge’s desk which was empty at the moment when the General Manager asked if he could help. (Thank you, thank you, and thank you!) I told him where I had eaten, where I had plans on eating at and where I couldn’t get in at a decent time and he completely appreciated my efforts as well as understood my mission. First he called the restaurant I couldn’t get in before 9 (Bayona) and he made me a reservation for me at 7 for the same night. Thank you, again. AND then suggested a restaurant not on my list… if was magnificent and I am very grateful!

Room Tip: I usually ask for a description of the views. I did read the reviews here and took the suggestions a...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank brenda1222
San Antonio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

I stayed at this location for one night and have to say am a bit surprised this is considered a JW Marriott. Hotel is nice....dont get me wrong, but does not have the same level of service and style that other JW locations have. This should be a standard Marriott hotel. Staff was very nice, but room was fair. Beds not the best and the bathroom had issues; I should not have to hold the toilet flush handle down for 5 seconds just to get the thing to do its job. Nor should I have to stand in a foot of water in the shower because the drain is so slow! Little things that we really should not have to deal with at a JW. If I go back to New Orleans, not sure I would go back to this location as there are many other options close by.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Txchap
long island, new york
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

We arrived at a busy time before check-in. The bell captain was totally overwhelmed with hundreds of bags, valet situation was a MESS. Our room had a strong musty moldy smell coming from the AC- got out of there as soon as possible the next day only to have more chaos at the valet.

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank roogus
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

I stayed here for one night, and enjoyed my stay. The hotel is large and full service as one would expect for a JW Marriott. The service and front desk staff were excellent.
My room was fair size, very comfortable bed, good amenities. I enjoyed the use of the concierge floor (gold/platinum MR account).
My only caveat for this hotel is that its showing some age in the decor and furnishings. My room had a nice new tv but the furnishings were looking tired. The room could have used some better air circulation as well, but overall I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank flipper95
Ridgeland,Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

Great hotel in New Orleans and close to everything! The street car is just outside the hotel if you had rather not walk a lot but the hotel is just blocks from many popular spots! Very comfortable rooms and quiet. We have stayed in New Orleans a lot and have never had such friendly, helpful staff. We were there for the marathon and they were very accommodating for the runners. The steak house had 2 pasta specials and they were honoring late check outs as well!

Room Tip: Ask for a room over looking Canal Street
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family