New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #53 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
Rowland Heights
“The Big Easy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

The Marriott New Orleans on Canal Street sets in the heart of sightseeing and shopping. It's just a half a block from the famous Acme Oyster House and only three blocks from Bourbon Street, French Quarters. You can walk to the Mardi Gras events. Parking near Bourbon Street during Mardi Gras is virtually impossible. The staff members are warm and gives you the southern hospitallity of New Orleans. The rooms are excellent and lives up to the high standards of Marriott. You are justs a few blocks from Harrah's casino and the riverfront, where you can take a boat ride on Lake Pontchartrain. I recommend it.

Room Tip: Canal Street facing rooms.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank John C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (475)
  • Indonesian first
San Mateo, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

I am writing this review while still at the hotel! I transferred to this hotel from Harrahs as they were booked up (wonderful stay there - see my review) I am a Marriott Rewards member.
Pros - great room, great location, nice and helpful staff
Cons - tiny, tiny bathroom, internet access - awful (used my phone to access work emails as using laptop took so long),
hot water using it for first time was very cool- had to run it for 10 mins for it to warm up,
room service for breakfast - if you put out your order before midnight - check that it was taken as soon as you get up - ours was not taken and we had a tour to go on - their recovery from this was fast but when we called down they were not surprised!

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank Flowerbloss
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

We never stay in our room too long when we're in New Orleans,so we usually get a place on Priceline. The hotel was clean and the room had a good sized bathroom. No complaints. We were supposed to have a king and got 2 doubles,but we didnt change rooms. Everyone was pleasant and there is a Starbucks in the hotel as well as a Chase atm,which was helpful. Super convenient to the french quarter and the warehouse district.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Crashed427
Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

Checking was a breeze, the staff most helpful with checking me and received a great room with a view of the river (thanks to other reviews I was well prepared and the guy checking me in seemed appreciative) albeit the view was between buildings… The room was a corner room and it was fine, clean- especially for the amount of time I spent in it.
I was sitting at the concierge’s desk which was empty at the moment when the General Manager asked if he could help. (Thank you, thank you, and thank you!) I told him where I had eaten, where I had plans on eating at and where I couldn’t get in at a decent time and he completely appreciated my efforts as well as understood my mission. First he called the restaurant I couldn’t get in before 9 (Bayona) and he made me a reservation for me at 7 for the same night. Thank you, again. AND then suggested a restaurant not on my list… if was magnificent and I am very grateful!

Room Tip: I usually ask for a description of the views. I did read the reviews here and took the suggestions a...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank brenda1222
San Antonio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

I stayed at this location for one night and have to say am a bit surprised this is considered a JW Marriott. Hotel is nice....dont get me wrong, but does not have the same level of service and style that other JW locations have. This should be a standard Marriott hotel. Staff was very nice, but room was fair. Beds not the best and the bathroom had issues; I should not have to hold the toilet flush handle down for 5 seconds just to get the thing to do its job. Nor should I have to stand in a foot of water in the shower because the drain is so slow! Little things that we really should not have to deal with at a JW. If I go back to New Orleans, not sure I would go back to this location as there are many other options close by.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Txchap
long island, new york
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

We arrived at a busy time before check-in. The bell captain was totally overwhelmed with hundreds of bags, valet situation was a MESS. Our room had a strong musty moldy smell coming from the AC- got out of there as soon as possible the next day only to have more chaos at the valet.

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank roogus
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

I stayed here for one night, and enjoyed my stay. The hotel is large and full service as one would expect for a JW Marriott. The service and front desk staff were excellent.
My room was fair size, very comfortable bed, good amenities. I enjoyed the use of the concierge floor (gold/platinum MR account).
My only caveat for this hotel is that its showing some age in the decor and furnishings. My room had a nice new tv but the furnishings were looking tired. The room could have used some better air circulation as well, but overall I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo