2,758 results
All reviews jackson square bourbon street interior room ann street continental breakfast cafe du french quarter perfect location beautiful courtyard louis cathedral without windows no window junior suite private balcony favorite hotel small pool two blocks
Reviewed April 27, 2012

After deciding NOLA was our wedding destination, the task of picking a hotel became daunting. We needed a place for our guests to stay (small, private wedding) as well as a location that met our needs for the ceremony. We couldn't have been happier with our choice of Place d'Armes! The entire staff, from management to front desk to custodial, made our guests feel welcome and took care of our needs. Booking the rooms couldn't have been easier; the cleanliness of the rooms was spot on; the back courtyard provided a perfect backdrop for our ceremony, and the hotel location compared to all of our adult beverage fun was with in easy walking distance. And when we wanted to relax and have some quiet time, the inner courtyards of the hotel provided that too. We've already booked our 1 year anniversary stay, and can't wait to get back!

Date of stay: January 2012
5  Thank Hoedeman
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Stayed for 10 days surrounding the annual French Quarter fest,this was our fourth time there at this hotel. The staff as usual was very friendly and helpful. Since we do not spend much time in the room we always request an interior room,we also start every day with fresh pastries and coffee in the charming and relaxing courtyard. If you are looking for charm in the French Quarter don't look anywhere else,anyone finding fault with this place should not be on vacation. Best location in the Quarter. Will be back next April.

Date of stay: April 2012
1  Thank Robert C
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I wish I could give this hotel a higher rating and I probably will when I stay there next year. However I will request a room with a window. I had read from many other travelers about the rooms without a view. Yes they were correct - it's just not that great. But this place is worth it alone for the location. Seriously LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION! I've been coming to New Orleans for 7 years straight and this place has the best location in the quarter. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The patio was very nice and if I had a group joining me this would be an even stronger plus. Great place to start with a bottle of wine!

Again we had an inside room without a window. The room size wasn't bad but the hotel is old. I can't imagine the cost to upkeep them all. We were on the 2nd floor and we could hear any noise above us. The bed was a bit old but better than the B&B I stayed at last year.

To sum it up this place is worth the location and I will book next year as well. But I am going to find a room with a window!

Date of stay: April 2012
4  Thank rachelmaris
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We enjoyed the hotel very much. Nice, outdoor pool. Pretty courtyard to sit in, read a paper, have a drink & relax. Great location! the staff was very friendly & very helpful. We got an INCREDIBLE deal on our room b/c it was summer & we booked it way in advance.

Very basic continental breakfast was included.

Room tip: if you're a light sleeper like I am, I recommend getting an interior room.....they are quieter & NO sunlight comes in (which is a GREAT thing for me, b/c a little bit of sun wakes me up!)b/c there are NO windows! (these rooms are also cheaper!)
Date of stay: August 2011
6  Thank kleopatra561
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights in March 2012. The hotel was full of character and the perfect location for exploring the French Quarter. We had no problems walking back late at night from Frenchman Street.

Our room was small and basic, but this was fine as we weren't planning on spending much time in it. The bathroom was also small and only had a walk in shower, but it was clean and manageable.

The staff were friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: March 2012