2,691 results
All reviews jackson square interior room ann street continental breakfast cafe du french quarter bourbon street perfect location beautiful courtyard louis cathedral without windows no window junior suite private balcony small pool two blocks beignets
Reviewed October 25, 2009

We are in New Orleans almost every year and have stayed at this hotel many times.
Since Katrina there has been a definite improvement in service and the kudos go to
lyn Castenada the new manager. Calm, efficiant and friendly attitude from everyone there.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank zasu09
Reviewed October 23, 2009

My husband and I stayed at Place d'Armes for 5 nights. 3rd time to New Orleans but first time at this hotel. It was perfect. The location is great. Close to all the action but still very quiet at night. The pool was much appreciated to cool off after sightseeing. Frenchmen Street was within walking distance. I love the old world feel to the hotel and our room was very clean. We had a King room with shared balcony and enjoyed sitting out there in the morning or evening, do some people watching and listen to musicians in Jackson Square.

Breakfast was simple but good. Nice to be able to get a coffee/danish before heading out for the day.

The staff was excellent, in particular Stewart, who recommened a number of places to eat, all of which were great! Everyone there greeted us with a smile and answered any questions we had.

I wouldn't hesitiate to recommend this hotel and will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Helen P
Reviewed October 16, 2009

It's been a few months but if I remember rightly we got room 126. It's at the very back corner of the hotel complex, on the ground floor. It was damp and dingy. My travel partner may have got bed bugs.

We stayed there for 2 nights in this room and then insisted on being changed to another room. We got a balcony room on the first floor which was lovely. Should have asked for a change of room immedoately so be sure to do the same.

As for breakfast, typical US style breakfast - cheap orange juice, bland croisants.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank honesty900
Reviewed October 15, 2009

My 17 year old daughter and I just got back from NO and stayed 3 nights in the Place D'Armes. The only negative I would give our stay was the $25.00 a day fee for valet parking plus another $3.00 tax on that each day. However, since we wanted to stay in the French Quarter, it turned out to be the most practical way to park our car. There were other lots several blocks away, but there was no assurance that they would be any cheaper for 24 hour parking. The hotel's location was great - the Haunted History Tour and the Cemetary tour both met just a few blocks away. We found out on the Haunted History tour on the last night of our stay that this hotel has had several paranormal sightings over the years. However, we both found the room to be quiet and comfortable (except an occasional noise from old plumbing) The continental breakfast was just croissants and danish, but they were very fresh and tasty. The coffee provided in room was exceptionally good (with the liquid coffee mate I brought from home) I never got around to actually trying the beignets at Cafe du Monde which is just down the block.
HERE IS A TIP: If you take the cemetary tour at 1:15, DO take a umbrella especially if it is sunny. The Vaults in the St Louis No 1 cemetary white washed and reflect the heat. I am from Tennessee and thought I was used to the heat, but I almost passed out. I wish I had followed this recommendation. Cafe Pontalba on Jackson Square has wonderful food - I tried the Crawfish Etoffee on the walitress' recommendation - Very Good! Also, if you can get out of the city, go to Destrehan plantation. It's right off of 310, a quick trip out and is gorgeous. Oak Alley is a bit farther out and it is even more beautiful.

• Stayed: October 2009
1  Thank travel_lover055
Reviewed October 9, 2009

I have stayed at many hotels in the French Quarter, and I always return to the Place d'Armes! I have finally decided that I won't stay anywhere else anymore! The service at the counter was fine, not overwhelmingly stellar but perfectly acceptable. They called us when our room was ready (early!!!) and they even had a wheelchair for us to use for my mom, who was having trouble walking because of the heat! The rooms are absolutely stellar, just totally gorgeous! Clean and comfortable, and really beautiful too! And the courtyard is beyond beautiful! It's an absolute oasis in the midst of the hustle and bustle of the French Quarter. We spend all evening outside just sitting by the pool, swimming in the pool, or sitting by the fountain! The location couldn't be more ideal, just steps from Jackson Square and the middle of everything!! I love this place, I miss it already and I can't WAIT to go back!!! Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family