2,691 results
All reviews jackson square interior room ann street continental breakfast cafe du french quarter bourbon street perfect location beautiful courtyard louis cathedral without windows no window junior suite private balcony small pool two blocks beignets
Reviewed December 9, 2017 via mobile

Great historic hotel in the middle of the French Quarter, 1/2 A block from Jacks on Square. Nice rooms, friendly staff. Nice pool and courtyard. Short walk to lots of great restaurants and, beat of all, 1 1/2 blocks from Cafe du monde.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Kyla B, Public Relations Manager at Place d'Armes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2017

Kim! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the historic Place d'Armes Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We hope to see you again in the near future. Safe travels!

Reviewed December 8, 2017

Beautiful hotel in a wonderful location. Near EVERYTHING! Stayed in an interior room and had no issues whatsoever! Things are a bit dated but everything was clean and comfortable. The courtyard is amazing! Breakfast is wonderful - pastries and coffee - who needs much more! I would recommend staying here - ghost stories or not!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends

Hi Debbi, thank you for choosing the Place d'Armes Hotel for your New Orleans stay. We appreciate your kind words. We value your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back to our French Quarter hotel soon.

Reviewed December 8, 2017 via mobile

We have stayed here twice, the first time in 2016 and again in 2017. The first time I requested a balcony room facing Chartres with a view of Jackson square. The hotel very much obliged my request, and I was thrilled! We had a private stairwell, which was long, to the second floor. So if you have trouble with stairs, I would not recommend this room. At the top of the stairs, before going into our room, a large window opened up onto a private balcony. While part of me wishes the balcony opened from the privacy of the room, another part of me loved the uniqueness of the private staircase and stepping thru a window to get to the balcony. I've included pics from this room. It has a king size bed, was very roomy, cozy and comfortable. I get easily spooked in NOLA with all the folklore of everything being haunted, lol, but both times I've stayed here I felt very comfortable, even though it has the reputation of being one of the most haunted hotels in the city. I haven't experienced anything out of the ordinary here. In fact, as stated, I felt very comfortable. The beds in this room and our courtyard view room were very comfortable. There is a feeling of ambiance with the low lighting. In the balcony room, you can hear all the hustle and bustle of Jackson square during the day. When we checked in at 5 pm, I couldn't wait to go listen to the street musicians. We opened our door and could hear them from inside the room. We also could sit and listen on our balcony. It wasn't too noisy at night, although we did hear the street cleaners (trucks) come through early in the morning and we were witnesses to a very loud lover's spat in the street just outside our window at 2 am that woke us up. This wouldn't stop me from staying in that room again, though. For the most part it was quiet. The courtyard room we had was much quieter, however. It was in the corner farthest from Jackson square and any street noise. There were two fountains in a smaller, secondary courtyard below our second floor room. I loved this room as well, although there are stairs you have climb to get to it, not as many as the balcony room. I have not experienced the "musty" old smell that some have reported. The carpet in the courtyard room did seem to feel a little humid, but I attribute this to the humidity of NOLA. It doesn't bother me. The coffee maker in the courtyard room was dirty and obviously used by previous guests when we checked in. We reported it to the housekeeper and she immediately took care of it. We also asked for additional pillows during our court yard room stay and was told by staff, "we aren't supposed to give out extra pillows, but I will see what I can do." He brought one extra pillow and was apologetic tht he could not bring more. I'm not sure why they have this policy since they are kind of pricey. So you may want to bring an extra pillow with you when you come. We didn't have this issue in the balcony king room. The bed was full of many pillows. We also had an issue with The courtyard room's key not working when we first got there, but the bellhop was quick to reactivate the key-- A minor inconvenience that took up maybe 20 minutes of our time, waiting outside our hotel door. We took that time to sit down and enjoy the view of the courtyard. The continental breakfast is fine with me, I am not a huge breakfast eater. It is always pastries and fruit, coffee and juice. If you want beignets, famous cafe Dumonde is just a block down the street, and many other restaurants that serve large breakfasts are within walking distance. I love the beautiful courtyard. I like to eat my breakfast there. The pool looks nice but is too cold when we are there in Spring. I love being able to walk right into the courtyard from Jackson square and immediately hear all the hustle and bustle fade into quiet. It happens just that fast and it's amazing how you cannot hear Jackson Square from the courtyard at all. It's beautiful and very relaxing. I love the old vibe the buildings (several different buildings make up this hotel) have, I love the location, I love the balconies. Also, there is a public balcony on the second floor facing Chartres and if you explore a little bit, you can easily find it. I'm sure the staff would also assist but we didn't need them to find it. They do have valet parking, and it is pricey. But it is cheaper than parking $40.00 a day in public parking down by the river where many of the small boutique hotels suggest you park. I'm not sure why the out cry against the parking charge in other reviews. Parking in the French quarter is almost non existent and you pretty much have to pay for it no matter where you are if you're staying in the heart of the quarter, as we like to do. Both of my rooms had working televisions, security safes for valuables that you program yourself, hairdryer, coffee maker, an abundance of towels and just wonderful ambiance and romance for couples, especially the balcony room. The bathrooms were not dirty, the bed linens felt crisp and clean. The staff is always friendly. We will most likely stay here for a third time in March 2018. While I do notice some small inconveniences that I've already mentioned, none of them would prevent me from staying again. If you don't demand to be catered to over trivial matters, have some of your own hospitality with the workers, and can overlook with patience a minor infraction here and there while the problem is corrected, this is a jewel of a place to stay based on its location, beauty, ambiance , old-world feel, amazing balconies, eerie ghost stories, interesting history (at one time it was a school that burned down in the great fire of New Orleans), and quiet court yard serenity. It doesn't seem to draw the bourbon street crowd during the times I stay there in March. No one drunk, acting foolish. We ordered muffellattas at 2 am for delivery and no one else was up. It was so peaceful and quiet, we sat outside on our porch that overlooked the courtyard. I can't wait to return.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Janey M

Wow, Janey! Thank you for sharing your experience and this very informative 5-star review with the community. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us in New Orleans, and appreciate all of your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back to our French Quarter hotel in March!

Reviewed December 5, 2017 via mobile

Super nice hotel. The hotel has a very old feel to it. Staff is very nice and rooms were cleaned everyday. Hotel is def haunted we all had some paranormal activity but it just added to the history of the place! Big pool but it was to cold to swim when we were there. Great morning breakfast and nice courtyard to relax in.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Kyla B, Public Relations Manager at Place d'Armes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Your kind words about our friendly staff and accommodations are appreciated! We hope you enjoyed the remainder of your time in The Big Easy!

Reviewed December 5, 2017

This very central hotel has it all - comfortable rooms, friendly staff, and proximity to all New Orleans has to offer. The courtyard with its fountain was a perfect place to enjoy the continental breakfast available from 6:30 to 10-30 so no early wake up call necessary. Definitely will stay here again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Place d'Armes Hotel. We appreciate you calling special attention to our comfortable rooms, friendly staff service, location, and accommodations. We can't wait to welcome you back!