2,691 results
All reviews jackson square interior room ann street continental breakfast cafe du french quarter bourbon street perfect location beautiful courtyard louis cathedral without windows no window junior suite private balcony small pool two blocks beignets
Reviewed July 25, 2007

My wife and I recently spent some time in the New Orleans French Quarter at the Place d'Armes Hotel on St. Anne St. We had a great stay. The Hotel was built in the late 1700's and was so cool. What I liked the most is that I did not have to drive anywhere. We parked in the Hotel Garage and either walked or took the trolley. I drive a lot at work and this was a really great perk for me. I didn't move my car til we left for home on the last day.
The rooms were not huge in size but the Historic atmosphere was different than your average modern Hotel. The price was unbievalble- Under $70/Night if during the week. Wow. I expected to pay much more for a room that was just a half block from Jackson Square in the Heart of the French Quarter. The Hotels are offering great deals right now to spark business in the French Quarter. It worked for me. We're planning on staying there again in a few Months.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank RaelNewOrleans
Reviewed July 21, 2007

I read and read on Trip advisor about different hotels and decided to choose Place d'Armes. We were taking our grandchildren and since they had a pool and was in an excellent location I thought that this would be a great choice.
Well, the first thing we noticed was the pool was horrible and I wouldn't let the childrent get in the whole time we were there(4 days). The next surprise was when we walked into our room and there was a wall unit air conditioner. O.K. That shouldn't be too bad but it was damp in the room. I will chalk that up to the very high humidity in N.O. There were some good things. Staff friendly, very quaint and a lovely courtyard. It does have on site parking but what they fail to say is once the car is parked you might as well forget you have one. You need to give a days notice that you will need it. The continental breakfast was coffee, O.J. and cinnamon roll or crossaint. One of my grandchildren only eats cereal so we went to the A and P grocery which was close, to get the cereal and to also buy the milk. They didn't even have milk. They would keep it in the refridgerator for us. I will say it was in a terrific location. That I wouldn't change for anything. But before you choose this hotel make sure the pool is clean if you would like to cool off. Hope that this will help someone the next time they go to New Orleans.

4  Thank cph58
Reviewed July 20, 2007

I've wanted to stay here for 15 years and it didn't disappoint me in any way. The location, half a block from Jackson Square, is perfect, as was our room (#212) with a small balcony with table and chairs. Don't bother with the free breakfast - Cafe du Monde is only one block away!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed July 10, 2007

I've been staying at Place D'Armes for the past twenty + years and through all that New Orleans has seen & overcome, the hotel, staff & grounds are just as beautiful today as they were when I was a child. As always our room was excellent & very clean; the staff are overly accomidating and are like family to us. I couldnt recommend a better hotel in all of New Orleans! The city has really made every effort to come back to life since Katrina hit in August of 2005. The streets are clean, the locals are very welcoming & warm as always and the city seems to be back in full swing once again without skipping a beat.

2  Thank tmuehleis
Reviewed July 10, 2007

My wife and I have been staying at Place d'Armes about once a year, sometimes oftener, for over twenty years, and continue to love the beautiful grounds and the wonderful people who maintain it. This past trip was especially memorable because my wife died last year so my three daughters and I spent a long weekend to celebrate her birthday which was on July 8. She was a travel agent for over 25 years so has seen hotels all over the world...Place d'Armes was her favorite. Keith Bates

5  Thank keithbates