When I couldn't get a room at the traditional hotel where my conference was held, I looked for the next closest place. While the Creole Gardnes was still a mile away, I enjoyed the morning walks, but don't recommend walking back at night. It is convenient to the St. Charles Streetcar, so I rode that a couple of days. The accommodations in the cottage rooms are aptly described as 'funky'. In addition to a small set of bongo drums, my room had bunk beds and a very small bathroom, but I knew I would only be there to sleep. For the difference in price, it was definitely worth it. It was nice to have a quiet sit down, cooked to order breakfast without the usual hassles of long waits in big hotels with everyone you know sitting in the same dining room. The staff was very friendly and I felt right at home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Lower Garden District, this property features 24 rooms in several 1840's historic mansions and converted servants quarters, centered around a lush, tropical courtyard and fountain. The Creole Gardens is one block from St. Charles streetcar and Mardi Gras parade routes, minutes from the French Quarter, Magazine Street and the Convention Center. All rooms open to outdoor areas, for that true Nawlins lifestyle. FREE Hot Southern Breakfast served daily. Pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Creole Gardens Guesthouse Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Creole Gardens Guesthouse Hotel New Orleans
- Creole Gardens Guesthouse Bed And Breakfast