“Excellent New Orleans Experience”

Creole Gardens Guesthouse Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #13 of 142 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 March 2012

The staff at Creole Gardens was amazing, and were full of helpful recommendations and suggestions on what to do while in the City. The breakfasts were delicious, and we were made to feel so welcome. The B&B was convenient to the St. Charles trolley, er, streetcar, and it was a quick ride to both the downtown Canal/Bourbon Street area, or out to Uptown. It was walkable to much of the Garden District, and a quick walk to a few good neighborhood places. We will definitely stay here again on our next trip to NOLA!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 March 2012

Our Bordello room was beautiful, the bed was so comfy I wanted to bring it home. The bathroom was the cleanest one I have ever seen. Breakfast was amazing. We used the trolley, oops! streetcar (one block away) to go back and forth to French Quarter. St. Charles Street (one block away) has great restaurants. Walked to Garden District, Magazine Street. Staff was always helpful. Awesome place, staff, location. We will be back!

Room Tip: Go to the website and look at the rooms. I chose while on the phone with staff. Room looked exactly...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2012

When I couldn't get a room at the traditional hotel where my conference was held, I looked for the next closest place. While the Creole Gardnes was still a mile away, I enjoyed the morning walks, but don't recommend walking back at night. It is convenient to the St. Charles Streetcar, so I rode that a couple of days. The accommodations in the cottage rooms are aptly described as 'funky'. In addition to a small set of bongo drums, my room had bunk beds and a very small bathroom, but I knew I would only be there to sleep. For the difference in price, it was definitely worth it. It was nice to have a quiet sit down, cooked to order breakfast without the usual hassles of long waits in big hotels with everyone you know sitting in the same dining room. The staff was very friendly and I felt right at home.

Room Tip: No elevator, so limit your luggage to the cottage rooms. Convenient to the streetcar. Good locatio...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank thefirstmama
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Location was great of this b&b. Just southwest of downtown made walking a nice 15 min walk or trolley ride one block away. $1.25 per person on St Charles. Stayed in mansion 2 and was very nice. Clean sheets and towels. Small Frig and small tv. Nice big four post bed with two sitting chairs in front of it. Wife loved the claw foot bathtub for soaking in. Stand up shower was ok, but needed shower head replaced. Breakfast was good and staff was great. Did not go away hungry but breakfast was nothing fancy like at other b&b. House has great history with woodworking not seen now days. I would love to stay back there again.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 6 March 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend getaway to relax and enjoy the city. I am from New Orleans and know most of the really great quaint and hidden secrets of the city. My dad mentioned this place and we tried it. It was one of the most ecclectic and wonderful places I have ever stayed. Great rooms, awesome staff and a delicioius breakfast fit perfectly with our New Orleans trip. I would reccomend this place to anyone visiting New Orleans....

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Shane G
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I stayed here for a work retreat. I loved the atmostphere! Each room has a different theme which makes it a unique experience. The courtyard is beautiful, the breakfast is yummy, and it's in walking distance to different restaurants. I'm really glad I stayed here and highly recommend it for others!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 January 2012

We loved staying at Creole Gardens. It was a very convenient location to the streetcar. The staff was very accomodating. We highly recommend it to anyone visiting New Orleans.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple