All reviewsmiss anniegarden districtbanana treesmansion roomblack queensouthern breakfastbed and breakfastfrench quarterclaw foot tubcharles streetcarevery morninghot breakfastbreakfast was amazingthe penthousethe main housewwii museumstayed longer
Reviewed June 8, 2010

It's hard to find a nice pet friendly hotel on the road, but we got lucky in New Orleans. Creole Gardens was fantastic. The room was gorgeous and made us feel like we were having a really unique experience, instead of the typical tourist experience staying on Canal street. We had a balcony perfect for beignets, a bottle of wine and a nice evening. The hotel was a quick walk to everywhere you want to be in NO and was a block from an informal dog park. Overall the atmosphere and staff was remarkable...they give you a personal NO experience and make you feel like family.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Creole Gardens from May 3 to May 8. We were scheduled to leave on May 7, but extended our stay another day. While the Creole Gardens is not the Taj Mahal, it is by far the most unique and welcoming place we have stayed in all of our travels during our 34 years of marriage. Everyone was so friendly and Ms. Annie's breakfast was deliscious and served with genuine southern hospitatlity. We would definetly stay there again and actually have plans to return next year.

Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pennstatemother
creolegardens, Manager at Creole Gardens Guesthouse Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2010

Thank you so much for your kind words and we are thrilled that you stayed with us and will return next year. We look forward to having you and if there is anything we can assist you with, please let me know.

Marie
Creole Gardens

Reviewed May 30, 2010

This was my first B&B but I enjoyed it. We stayed in one of the mansion rooms. It was quiet, the A/C worked well, the Internet worked great. The location was good. We always had free parking in the neighborhood and were close to the streetcar to go to the French Quarter. I enjoyed the Southern breakfast a lot. I've never had grits that I liked before. Miss Annie was very nice and would hold our infant while we ate.

Most of the nice things I would say have already been mentioned.
Bad things: It was a little dirty. Maybe nobody uses the tub except us, but it had some dead little flies and probably hadn't been cleaned for a while. I don't think they had cleaned under the bed or furniture either. It was very dusty. We stayed there for almost a week and I had to ask twice to get them to clean our room during the day.
But I don't mean to make it sound too bad. I enjoyed our stay and that wasn't a big deal to us. I would come back.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2010

Sweet place. Great location. Great breakfast with good 'ol Annie! Bikes available to rent and great for getting around quickly. Charming and located away from the Bourbon street brouhaha which was good for us. Comfy bed. Nice neighborhood. Easy access to everything Nawlins. Loved NOLA by the way and can't wait to go back. Sadly, we were never able to eat at the Blue Plate Diner because our schedules never coincided. We were happy with Miss Annie's breakfast though! We had a nice room in Mansion #3. It did not, however, open into the main house but apparently that is just how it was designed. Checked out the Confederate Museum while there as well as the Pharmacy Museum and the main NOLA museum (name escapes me) and took a tour of Cemetary #1. WOW! The history of NOLA is astounding to say the least. If you like history and comfort, stay here. Esp. since this is an antebellum house. The only thing I can think that I would have liked more of is couches and overstuffed chairs in the main house for relaxation but we seldom had time for relaxation other than to sleep. The A/C worked well in the room and water pressure was good. They also have Happy Hours on the weekends. Check out the old churches and the trolly too. Oh and bignettes....& coffee with chicory and the guy with the huge telescope, and the historical hotel lobbies. Anyway...a little piece of history awaits at the Creole Gardens in NOLA!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank civilwarlady2
Reviewed May 10, 2010

This ain't the Hilton and to that I say Amen! If you want to stay at a Hotel ... But feel like you live in New Orleans This is The Place!!! A block from the St Charles Street Car you can easily and affordably get anywhere easily. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable ... Ms Annie's home cooking can't be beat ... And they've recently added a small performance space with a bar on site! I would recommend it unreservedly to anyone who isn't rich enough to buy a second home there!!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends