2,224 results
All reviews carondelet street great location french quarter bourbon st two blocks the breakfast area free breakfast corner room valet parking rooms are huge high ceilings brick wall historic building key card would stay here again valet service within walking distance
Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

We were there for 5 nights and had an enjoyable stay. Our room was clean, cool, and quiet. It had the quietest air conditioner of any hotel we have ever stayed in! Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was standard for Hampton Inn. Just one question: Why no gravy for the biscuits? The only reason I am giving 4 stars instead of 5 is the elevator situation. On our first 2 days only one elevator out of 4 was working. After that, there were 2 working. The hotel was full those first 2 days with people fleeing Hurricane Irma, so we got well acquainted with the stairs! Overall, a great stay close to the French Quarter.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Samantha V, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area), responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback! It's so great to know that our staff and location was able to serve you properly! I do apologize for the troubles you may have encountered with our elevators. We are working hard towards modernizing our elevators but it is a process that takes a couple of months to complete. I hope you choose to stay with us again next time you are in town!

Reviewed September 17, 2017

Great location for walking to Bourbon Street and French Quarter. Hotel very nice and large rooms. The elevators were extremely slow. Valet parking was convenient and reasonable for area. Front desk was very helpful with information.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for the great feedback! I am so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at our property! I do apologize about the elevators. We are currently working towards modernizing all elevators but it is a process that takes a couple of months to complete. If you ever come back to New Orleans feel free to stop by! Our Hampton family is your Hampton family!

Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the Hampton inn & suites French quarter on September 10th. I stayed at this location last year and it was Perfect! This time not so much. The room was absolutely wonderful. It was huge, very clean and comfortable. The problem came at breakfast. There was no food out, they brought out sausages that were ice cold on the inside and they ran out of waffle batter. A lady stuck her head in the room they were in and asked for more batter and she just nodded her head. About 10-15 minutes later we asked the other lady for the batter and it was finally brought out. Other than the breakfast situation I would still recommend this hotel because of the rooms and location .

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Thank you so much for the great review! I am so glad that our staff and location met your expectations. I can assure you that our primary goal is to provide the best customer service possible to our guest. I do sincerely apologize for the breakfast items not being up to par with our usual standards. I will be sure to forward this information to the corresponding department manager. I certainly hope this does not stop you from coming back to our property! We look forward to having you stay with us again next time you visit New Orleans!

Reviewed September 17, 2017

We thoroughly enjoy this hotel everytime we stay. Elevators are a bit creepy. I'm claustrophobic and they shake. 2 of them were out of order this stay. We also have issues with using the wifi but other than that great location. Friendly staff, and right on bourbon. I will see them next time.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for the great review! I am so thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay at our Hampton Inn & Suites! I look forward to seeing you again next time you are in town!

Reviewed September 16, 2017

This hotel is one block from the start of the French quarter - Burbon Street. It is a great choice as a tourist. The staff is friendly and they have a good breakfast. The rooms are fairly large. The only issues we experience were slow elevators and some noise from the street as this is a downtown location.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for the great review! I am so glad to hear that our staff was able to assist you accordingly. I do apologize about the elevators. We are currently working towards having them all modernized. However, it is a process that takes a couple of months to complete. I hope you choose to stay with us again next time you are in town!