“Great Crab Legs!! Atmosphere ok”

Poppy's The Crazy Lobster Bar & Grill
Price range: US$0 - US$50
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: Come join the fun at The Crazy Lobster, where indoor dining meets outdoor atmosphere! Come get down with us on the banks of the Mississippi River, with live music and the best seafood in New Orleans.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

I was hoping for better Vibe being on Riverfront but there is construction going on all around this place! However the food was better than i hoped considering i only went based on a groupon i had for the place. VOODOO Juice is a fun drink; my son loved the crab legs!!

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Visited the restaurant as we wanted authentic shellfish Cajun style. Upon arrival we were seated only to wait for 10 mins before we were waited on. Ordered two beers and a shellfish dinner - the snow crab was excellent as were the prawns. The waiter service during the meal was good and attentive however, when we paid the bill, which came to a little over $70, I passed over $80 and had to wait to receive the change - felt like a tactical move on their part. The change of course, came back in $1 bills (hint for a tip) so I decided to leave a $5 tip. I passed this to the waiter who looked at me in disgust stating that they are not paid much and relied on the tips. In the end I passed over $10, which was “more like it” according to the waiter in the yellow shirt. What I fool.....

Overall, not a great experience and we will not be returning. Food was good but the expectation from the staff a little overwhelming. Avoid.

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Waited for 30 minutes, didn’t even get asked what we wanted to DRINK! After complaining they ignored

Reviewed April 2, 2018

The shrimp platter is very greasy and not too good. They have a live band that plays and they are good but very very loud. The best thing is the view of the river, that's it!

Reviewed March 28, 2018

The service was slow after we were seated. Not very busy. The alligator bites tasted like fried andouille sausage. There was plenty of food but probably won’t return.