All reviews full kitchen french quarter second floor balcony front porch frenchman street walking distance few blocks location is ideal bedroom suite great music easy access beautiful courtyard great room esplanade nola fairgrounds stove
Reviewed August 10, 2017

Recently I contacted Hotel Storyville to book a 2 bedroom suite for end of October. Barbara (manager) responded and informed me the 2 bedroom suite was available. As it was Voodoo Fest I had to book 3 nights which I confirmed we could do. Barbara quoted a price and I confirmed and provided my credit card information (all booking is done via Barbara and not on line). Barbara informed me I had to pay one night up front and she would send me a receipt via email. 2 weeks later I still had not received the email so I followed up. Barbara emailed me informing me that the price quoted was incorrect and the actual price was $100 over quoted price. But she would provide discounted but price was still $30 a night higher. She wanted to know if I still wanted the suite. I quickly wrote back saying I did in fact want the suite but felt she should honor what was quoted. I made multiple calls (over 5) and sent several emails over the next month but no response was provided. I can only assume that the suite was rented to someone at the higher rate. As I had made my plans for activities in NO this had a major impact which caused me additional time, work and money. I feel it only appropriate to share with others this experience.

Integrity, Ethics and honesty are essential characters to a successful business and lifestyle.

Room Tip: no elevators - some stairs
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Barbara L, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Storyville, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2017

Hello Lidia,

I handle the trip advisor account for Hotel Storyville. In Barbara's recent unexpected absence, I am responding.

We do have your reservation on the books for October 27-30.
Your suite has not been rented to someone else.
We have not charged your credit card for the one night deposit.
We were looking forward to having you stay with us and thank you for considering Hotel Storyville.

Please contact me to finalize your arrangements or let me know if you no longer require the 2 bedroom suite.

Thank you for your patience and understanding

Kindly yours,

Cindy

cindy@hotelstoryville.net

Reviewed August 10, 2017

We had a great stay at Hotel Storyville. The location is perfect with quick access to both the French Quarter and Marigny The rooms are clean and had a "beachy" feel to them. The back yard was a nice, quiet spot. Checkin was quick and easy even though we arrived late at night. Barbara was very friendly and helpful.We will be back.

Room Tip: Room 2 is easy to access and has a little extra space with the trundle bed.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Barbara L, Owner at Hotel Storyville, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2017

Your review is much appreciated! We are so fortunate to have a terrific location very near the French Quarter and the Marigny. Our guests can enjoy all that the French Quarter has to offer and retreat to our oasis at Hotel Storyville. I hope to help my guests in any way possible so that they may enjoy all our great city has to offer. I look forward to having you again at Hotel Storyville.

Reviewed August 7, 2017

Hotel Storyville was a delightful surprise, being in a historic building, yet with a clean and modern interior design. Being from Florida, i felt 'at home' with a seaside theme in my room. It came with an equipped kitchenette(but it's New Orleans-i'm eating out!), a SO COMFORTABLE bed and everything a classic hotel would offer. The hostess, Barb is charming, gracious and has the heart of New Orleans.i wish my stay was longer-will definitely be back

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Barbara L, Owner at Hotel Storyville, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2017

We look forward to your next visit. We recently invested in new, comfy beds throughout the hotel. I love helping my guests enjoy all that New Orleans has to offer.

Reviewed August 6, 2017

The location is perfect. Just off from the French Quarter by a few blocks. What that means is you can step away from the "excitement " of the Quarter. And that is worth a lot.
The owner Barbara was there if you needed.
My room was clean with an actual kitchen. Very quiet and safe neighborhood.
Service Rooms Location were all first rate.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

So glad you enjoyed your stay in New Orleans at Hotel Storyville. Our location provides the best of both worlds-the French Quarter and a quiet oasis at the hotel and gardens. We hope to see you again at Hotel Storyville.

Reviewed July 21, 2017

We loved this hotel. The host is wonderful and is an absolutely phenomenal decorator. Wish I could live in this hotel!!! It is very close to French Quarter and is in a safe area with on-street or off-street parking. Rooms are huge and a great price. Barbara is very knowledgeable about the city and even offers passes to free tours. I wouldn't stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: Look on website to view rooms. They are all beautiful, but some are larger than others.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much! Our tropical themed decor is inspired by my years living in St. Thomas. Hotel Storyville has the old world New Orleans charm along with the fun island feel. I love the city and sharing information with our guests. Please come back again!