We stayed one night and were very pleased with the hotel. Our double queen bedroom was large, nicely decorated, and very clean. The bed was very comfortable, and the bath was large.
One problem we encountered was trying to unload our car with three buses on the street in front of us. It appeared that they had unloaded the luggage, but they continued to sit in front of the hotel. I don't know how much blame the hotel deserves, but there was poor planning on the part of someone.
The young lady at the desk told us we could park on the street because meters are not checked between 6:00 pm and 8:00 am. (She also gave us a room far away from the young people who were checking in.) While we drove around the block waiting for the buses to move, we saw lots of metered parking in well lighted areas. We finally were able to park directly in front of the hotel in a parallel space. My husband went out the next morning and fed the meter until we checked out, and it was significently less than the thirty dollar valet parking fee.
It was very crowded at breakfast, and the attendants did a fabulous job of replenishing items on the breakfast bar. The food was very good with lots of variety. If it hadn't been raining, it would have been pleasant to sit in the pretty courtyard near the pool to enjoy our meal.
The business center was well equipped, and there was also a seperate area dedicated to printing boarding passes.
We would definitely stay in this hotel again. The rate we paid was very inexpensive for the quality we received. It isn't near the French Quarter, but if you have a car, this hotel is an excellent value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A restored property housed in a historic landmark building, the Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Convention Center provides unique, luxurious accommodations in an ideal location. Set amid the vibrant Arts & Warehouse District, across from the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, our upscale New Orleans hotel is the perfect home base for business travelers. It's also situated near popular leisure attractions, including Riverwalk Market Place, Louisiana Children's Museum, National World War II Museum, Riverboat Cruises and the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. With spacious, beautifully-appointed rooms, free Wi-Fi, a hot daily breakfast, premium amenities and good, old-fashioned Southern hospitality, our New Orleans Convention Center hotel provides an unforgettable lodging experience in one of the world's most unforgettable destinations. Don't forget to visit our Warehouse Bar, located in the lobby, during your stay. The historic and laid back atmosphere is a great place to unwind after a long day and to gather with friends to enjoy a few cocktails before hitting the town. Not to mention all guest 21+ will receive a buy one, get one free drink coupon at check-in! The Warehouse Bar is open daily from 5-11 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Hotel New Orleans
- Hampton Inn And Suites Convention Center
- Hampton Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Hampton Inn