NOPSI Hotel New Orleans
US$300
US$289
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$217
US$199
  • Breakfast included
US$377
US$328
Waldorf.com
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$250
  • Pool
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$363
US$287
Omni Hotels
US$265
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$374
US$223
  • Pool
Maison Dupuy(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$249
US$199
  • Pool
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
US$260
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$170
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspublic servicerooftop barchef petebeautiful hoteldouble queen suitecool buildingluxury hotelsuperior customer servicehotel tonightspecial weekendbusy french quarterrooms are hugegorgeous lobbythe hotel staff was friendlymini barnola experiencespecial shout
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I am a huge fan of the Salamander Resorts owned by Shiela Johnson. I have stayed at a few in the past. So naturally when they opened the Nopsi Hotel in New Orleans, one of my favorite cities, I had to go try it out. However I am forced to give the Nopsi Hotel, 3 stars, and here is why.

1. Each day of our stay Before we journeyed out into the city I requested a 4th set of towels. Each evening when we got back, I still had to order an extra set of towels.

2. Room service totally got my order wrong. I ordered steak firites, however I received steak fries instead. I was charged for both the steak frites and steak fries with two room delivery and gratuity fees.

3. You cannot order food at the rooftop bar. The guest must order their food downstairs in the restaurant and wait for it and the. Take it upstairs back to the pool. This is such an inconvenience for the guests that come to relax.

The Nopsi hotel is a very fine structure, however there are several things that need to be done in order for the hotel to compare to the other hotels that share the brand of Salamander Resorts.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Nedaweji D
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Hotel is beautiful, staff was very welcoming. Public Service Restaurant in the hotel was excellent, service a bit slow for breakfast/lunch. Had our daughters wedding their, everything was spot on, Excellent, food, drinks, venue. I also had a Business function at the Hotel same quality food and beverages. Chef is awesome! Great quality food.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Ellen L, General Manager at NOPSI Hotel New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for staying at NOPSI Hotel! I couldn't be happier to know that you had such a fantastic experience at our property! It was our pleasure to host you! I hope you'll be back to visit us next time you're in New Orleans.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Decided on a second visit to the NOPSI after an earlier stay was cut short. The hotel showed itself to be a real gem, beautifully appointed, very comfortable rooms and superb personnel. Everyone from the front desk to maids and bartenders could not have been more solicitous or helpful. Another evening at the roof-top bar proved again memorable with it's view of the downtown area. Central heat and air in the room (previous one had a window-mounted unit) was efficient and quiet. The renovation of the old New Orleans Public Service building is tasteful and beautiful. This place is a real treat.

Tip: Avoid valet parking and go around the block to covered parking at one-third the cost.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with central heat and air. Some have window units of the type that turn on and off and can be annoying
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

We love welcoming our return visitors and we’re thrilled that we continue to impress you! Thank you for sharing that our comfortable accommodations and friendly hospitality are highlights for you; we’ll be sure to let our team know! We’re already looking forward to your next visit and hope you return to New Orleans soon!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My work colleagues visit NO several times a year and I have stayed in five different hotels, and this one is the best. It's a recent restoration of an office building of the public utility / transit operator, and the renovation is beautiful. Staff was very helpful. Location is central. Bed was great. Some glitches, attributable to being a start-up: television remote did not work, which they fixed, but the sound never worked on the television and they did not fix that. The key cards for the elevator were unreliable, the clock alarm was set by the previous occupant and went off at 6:00 AM, and they incorrectly charged me for things from the minibar that I did not consume. But once they work out the kinks, this will be a fine hotel, and we plan to return.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for staying at NOPSI Hotel. We are glad to hear that you had a great stay with us. We truly appreciate you taking the time to provide us feedback about your recent stay. The feedback provided allows our team the opportunity to evaluate areas that have presented challenges and celebrate successes. We apologize for the experience you had with the television and key card access and assure you that this is not our standard. We would love the opportunity to demonstrate our service levels in the future.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My fiancee and I stayed at the Nopsi hotel from Monday through Saturday. The pillows were overstuffed and hurt both of our necks. I actually had to go out and buy a pillow from Walmart! The beds, too, were lumpy and too soft. My fiancee has hip problems and has to sleep on her back, but she couldn't do so in their beds.

Most concerning to us was the fact that the hotel had a DJ set that rattled our walls and kept us from sleeping until 1 a.m. on Friday. They didn't let us know about this when we checked in, and when we called to complain, they didn't offer to remedy the situation--they just said, "Yeah, that will be going until 1."

I can't in good faith recommend that anyone stay at this hotel--especially with all the options in the immediate vicinity. (There have to be at least ten hotels within two blocks of this place.)

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent experience. I am disappointed to hear that the service levels provided and overall experience did not meet expectations. The feedback provided has been communicated to our entire team to review. I assure you that this is not the standard. If travels should bring you back, we would love the opportunity to demonstrate our service levels in the future.