“Absolutely Must-Do In New Orleans”

Living History Tour
Ranked #172 of 252 Tours in New Orleans
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The best historical, cultural and heritage tours of New Orleans, for public, private and group tours.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed April 4, 2018

I moved to New Orleans in August, and it took me until april to take this tour. Though the city is crawling with ghost tours, the very very best one you could possibly take is with the tour guide Orion. He was a theatre and history major, spends much of his time in New Orleans, and knows the city so well that he could stop at any random corner and point out something historical, big or small.
He is likewise so revered as a guide that other members of the tour had gone with him multiple times, and would urge me to listen to Orion more closely, as he is extremely knowledgeable.
Not only is Orion knowledgeable, but the man is just straight up fun. He tells his stories in varying tones, pulling you in to listen. He puts the right amount of theatricality, darkness, fun, seriousness, voodoo, magic, vampires, ghosts, and history into his tours so you are left both enlightened and burning with further questions. Lucky for you, Orion is extremely friendly and will answer any of your questions to the best of his ability.
Could not recommend this ghost tour high enough. As a resident of New Orleans, I've seen lots and lots of ghost tours, walked past enough monotone guides mumbling into microphone-and-headset groups, and was never interested in taking a tour because of that. Orion changed that. It was so good I would literally take the exact same tour with him again, and now I understand why others have taken the tour multiple times.

Date of experience: April 2018

Reviewed April 4, 2018

I cannot speak highly enough about this ghost tour. In New Orleans, the city is CRAWLING with ghost tours! It can be overwhelming trying to figure out which one to go on. Let me make your life a lot easier - PICK LIVING HISTORY TOUR!

Our guide told all the stories that you expect to hear in a New Orleans ghost tour (Madame Lalaurie, Marie Laveau, Muriel's, vampires, etc.) - but he also had some fascinating bits of history and lore that I've never heard told on the other tours! It was very clear that our guide (Orion) has a passion for this subject and every member of our party was left in wonder at his masterful storytelling.

The other plus side was that our group was relatively small. A lot of other ghost tours will pack as many people as they possibly can into a tour which means it can be difficult seeing and hearing the guide as you try to push through the group. But Living History has a smaller group cap which makes it infinitely more comfortable, enjoyable and intimate.

However, this also means that they sell out faster than other tours - so make sure you book yours right away!

Thank you so much, Orion & Living History Tour for the incredible evening. My family and I will all be back again VERY soon!

Reviewed April 2, 2018

This was an amazing tour. Our guide was both incredibly knowledgeable and an amazing storyteller. Not coming here would be doing yourself a disservice while in N.O.

Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

My partner and I took an evening ghost tour with Orion as our guide. We take a lot of tours and actually work as tour guides ourselves in our hometown, and Orion is the best and most informed storyteller we’ve ever come across. Don’t. Miss.