“Just the night we needed”

New Orleans Spirits and Spells Walking Tour
New Orleans Spirits and Spells Walking Tour
Ranked #169 of 246 Tours in New Orleans
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Take a spirited journey with an expert historical guide through the shadowy streets of the French Quarter as you learn of ghosts, gris-gris, Voodoo, and Witchery and discover why New Orleans is the World’s most magical city!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed April 4, 2018

I'm actually a former ghost tour guide of a mere 2 and a half years so I'm very picky about what sorts of supernatural tours I do. After a few hours of deliberation I picked this tour for me and my tour friends to go on. We ended up with Cindy as our guide, a very experienced New Orleans guide and the best part was it was just us. Because of that, she first asked us exactly what we wanted out of the tour and she was able to personalize it just for us. At the end of the night we talked to her for quiet some time. My friends and I had a blast and I would definitely recommend this tour if you're looking for authenticity in a tour.

All reviews
"guide"
in 3 reviews
"history"

Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

March 17 2018; Mary dugaz was our tour guide. She was amazing. We had learned a lot about New Orleans. She shared her knowledge and much of her family history tied to places visited. I highly recommend her. It was a pleasure meeting her and her family member. Want a wonderful tour to remember; Mary will have you talking about it long after you come home. Thank you for the great memories.
Ed and carol Linenberger.
Todd and Tanya Schwarz

Reviewed March 23, 2018

I live in New Orleans and took a couple of visiting relatives on this tour in February. It was everything I hoped it would be and then some! we met at Hex and the tour guide was engaging and fun from the start. The pace was good, and we stopped for a cocktail at a haunted watering hole (I guess even spirits enjoy spirits? :-))
Over the next two hours we learned about the importance of Voodoo, how Witchcraft made its way to New Orleans, and even kicked off the tour with a ritual of our own! Afterwards the tour ended at Hex and one of our party opted for a reading and the rest of us did a bit of shopping. She was blown away by how accurate the reading was and everyone loved our experience!! I will gladly recommend this tour to friends and family- locals and visitors alike!

Reviewed March 9, 2018

We meet up at Hex at 7 and begin a nice walk. Cindy is our guide and I love it that she has lived in the French Quarter for over 15 years. She has the insider knowledge about how the city is changing and growing in the world of magic. We stop at important landmarks and Cindy tells us the "witch" history of the place. This walk is perfect for older people and families with children: not too fast and great sidewalks. Cindy answers questions about everything you might want to know about New Orleans. She takes us to a great location for an end of the tour cocktail. I won't ruin the surprises. Wonderful fun.

1  Thank Aros B