“Delicious Tapas & Seafood”

Baru Bistro & Tapas
Reserve with OpenTable
Baru Bistro & Tapas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #247 of 2,124 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$6 - US$26
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours
Neighbourhood: Garden District
Reviewed August 10, 2018

While visiting New Orleans, we met up with a friend who moved down there and she recommended to meet her here at Baru. I'm so glad we did! It was delicious and fresh, with bright and bold flavors that punched. We had a lot of everything, but for me the highlights were the Arepas, Garlic Shrimp, and Pulpa (Octopus). The three desserts were all amazing - especially their chocolate/caramel mousse. Very memorable meal!

Reviewed July 3, 2018 via mobile

Met with a warm welcome. Service was amazing throughout. Food was expedited quickly. The flavors were just fantastic. Incredible find. From the Arepas, the corn, empanadas, skirt steak.. and the dessert- WOW!!! The Maracuya cocktail was refreshing and perfect for the occasion

Reviewed June 1, 2018 via mobile

So glad I tried this place for lunch while strolling on Magazine Street. It’s not much to look at but the food is fantastic. I struggled deciding on what I wanted as everything on the menu looked delicious. I started with a blueberry mojito and the ceviche. It was outstanding. Very fresh and exactly what I needed on a hot day in NOLA. I followed that up with the Desmechada Arepa and a side of Maduros. The arepa was delicious. The shredded meat was tender and juicy and complimented the delicate yet crisp cornmeal cake. It had a side of fresh chimichurri. The Maduros was cooked perfectly and had a delicious dipping sauce and cotija cheese. Danielle was a wonderful server. I can’t wait to return and try a few other items. This is a new favorite restaurant of mine.

Reviewed April 21, 2018 via mobile

I can’t pronounce anything correctly, but everything we ordered was great- 3 different cocktails (margarita, something with cilantro, and 1 with passion fruit) and 2 tapas (goat cheese crostini and fried oysters)

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

A very special treat to find the taste of costal Colombia in New Orleans. Absolutely wonderful! We will be back soon.