“Surprising in a museum”

The American Sector Restaurant + Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The American Sector Restaurant + Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #182 of 2,019 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Arts District – Warehouse District
Description: The American Sector Restaurant + Bar in The National WWII Museum is proud to offer a menu where Modern American food and drink meet Old-World nostalgia. Executive Chef Eric Cook has created a "Victory Garden to Table" menu inspired by both regional and Southern favorites such as the Crispy Oyster "BLT", Chicken Fried Steak, and Shrimp and Grits. All-American standards include the Belle Burger and Toasted Turkey Club. The wine list features reds and whites from across the globe, while the beer selection includes American favorites as well as imported and craft beers. The bar is rounded out with several specialty cocktails, including the signature Midway Mule. Happy Hour, everyday from 4pm to 7pm, features half-price wine, beer, and cocktails.
Reviewed 25 November 2017

I normally wouldn't review a place that is a museum lunch place, but this is a full service bar and restaurant that was pretty good. You'd expect slightly higher than usual prices in that type of setting and I suppose they are--but not outrageous. The Gumbo was quite tasty, and the burger was good. Service was quick and friendly.

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Located within the National WWII museum complex, the American Sector restaurant is overpriced but okay food. The Cobb salad was sufficient in volume and flavor, but the presentation left a lot to be desired. Our server was not particularly enthusiastic about his work this day. Not many other options in the museum.

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

We heard the museum has a more casual dining option but the day we went it was reserved for a private event. That being said this restaurant is very nice and they have different dining options. The salad of the day was delicious and big. We also asked for a shrimp po boy (delicious) and the hanger steak. It may be in a museum but I would reccomend the food.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

The menu has some great NOLA standards, like gumbo, but not prepared so well. My chicken-andouille gumbo had way too much rice, for example. Very limited beverages - no seltzer/club soda. Very limited non-fried options.
This is a good place to have lunch while you're at the Museum, so as not to waste time going out of the Museum!

Reviewed 9 November 2017

My feet were so tired after 5 hours in the WWII museum that we decided to eat there at the American Sector restaurant. Service was excellent and it was a nice facility.

I don't really feel competent to rate my food. I ordered a roast beef Po' Boy with debris. It looked good and it tasted OK, but having never had one before (or since) I'm not sure how to rate it. I'm a very finicky eater and it didn't taste like I expected, but I would imagine it tasted just the way it should.