“Nice atmosphere, great service and good food”

The American Sector Restaurant + Bar
Ranked #298 of 2,102 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Arts District – Warehouse District
Description: The American Sector Restaurant + Bar in The National WWII Museum is proud to offer a menu where Modern American food and drink meet Old-World nostalgia. Executive Chef Eric Cook has created a "Victory Garden to Table" menu inspired by both regional and Southern favorites such as the Crispy Oyster "BLT", Chicken Fried Steak, and Shrimp and Grits. All-American standards include the Belle Burger and Toasted Turkey Club. The wine list features reds and whites from across the globe, while the beer selection includes American favorites as well as imported and craft beers. The bar is rounded out with several specialty cocktails, including the signature Midway Mule. Happy Hour, everyday from 4pm to 7pm, features half-price wine, beer, and cocktails.
Reviewed December 26, 2017

We were visiting the museum on a Saturday and stopped for lunch in the American Sector. We were able to get seated right away and our server was polite, pleasant and prompt. The food was very good, but I thought the prices were high. My husband had the Fried Shrimp Po-boy on French Bread, Slaw, Tabasco Aioli, Creole Potato Salad $16. He said that it was delicious. I had the Chef's Seasonal Salad with Satsuma oranges. This small salad was $10. It was very good and just the right amount for me; but I think $10 was a bit pricey for the amount of food (see photo). My husband and I could afford this meal, but I think about families visiting the museum and wanting to stop for lunch. If you have driven, you might consider picnic food and eat a sandwich in your car.

Reviewed December 15, 2017

It is pricey but you really have no other place to eat. The food was good and you get alot. I recommend you eat before you go but in a pinch this is a nice place to break.

Reviewed December 14, 2017

This seems to be a popular place for cocktails as that is all people were ordering while I was sitting there for lunch/working an hour or so.

That said, I had the Victory Salad + chicken and a dessert + diet coke = $28.00 before tip. That is on the higher end for what I had gotten IMHO. However, the food was delicious and the salad and their champagne dressing was a nice surprise.

The atmosphere was nice. This was a casual sit down restaurant with a bar in the WW2 Museum in case you should be interested, but you do not need a ticket to eat here. They have their own entrance. The service was fast and friendly with a quick turn around time from order to delivery. It was impressive, but I guess the kitchen was available with most just sipping an afternoon cocktail.

Reviewed December 13, 2017

Since we spent the entire day (opening to close) in the museum, it was nice to have such a nice convenient restaurant on the premises to visit. The restaurant was busy but it only took 5-10 minutes to be seated. The food was good if not a little expensive as would be expected in any museum. Between the three of us we ordered a burger, a portobello sandwich, blackened tuna and gumbo. All were good. The service was prompt and friendly and the atmosphere matched that of the museum. I would definitely eat here again if we visit the museum rather than leave for a restaurant off the premises.

Reviewed November 25, 2017

I normally wouldn't review a place that is a museum lunch place, but this is a full service bar and restaurant that was pretty good. You'd expect slightly higher than usual prices in that type of setting and I suppose they are--but not outrageous. The Gumbo was quite tasty, and the burger was good. Service was quick and friendly.