“Better Than Expected”

Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Arts District – Warehouse District
Description: The American Sector Restaurant + Bar in The National WWII Museum is proud to offer a menu where Modern American food and drink meet Old-World nostalgia. Executive Chef Eric Cook has created a "Victory Garden to Table" menu inspired by both regional and Southern favorites such as the Crispy Oyster "BLT", Chicken Fried Steak, and Shrimp and Grits. All-American standards include the Belle Burger and Toasted Turkey Club. The wine list features reds and whites from across the globe, while the beer selection includes American favorites as well as imported and craft beers. The bar is rounded out with several specialty cocktails, including the signature Midway Mule. Happy Hour, everyday from 4pm to 7pm, features half-price wine, beer, and cocktails.
Reviewed January 17, 2018

We did not expect much from this restaurant located inside the WWII Museum, but we were pleasantly surprised. The gumbo was not the best in NOLA, but it was quite acceptable. The salmon sandwich was very good, the fries were very good. We did not try the burgers, but they looked delicious. Cajun cheesecake was very tasty. Service was friendly and efficient.

Reviewed January 14, 2018

Located in building #2 of the WWII Museum complex, this is a convenient place for a lunch break while touring the museum. It is well-designed and has somewhat of a celebrity/Hollywood vibe with pictures of celebs on the walls. Service is not especially good, I never did get the waiter to pick up my credit card, so I was forced to pay in cash so I could leave(!). The food was actually fairly good, with some creative ideas (like a fried Portabella mushroom sandwich). Prices were not too bad. Overall, the convenience is worth it.

Reviewed December 28, 2017 via mobile

This is the restaurant inside the museum. Was very crowded so had to wait about 45 minutes for seating.

Service was good food and was good, but a bit pricey.
But we didn't mind the pricey in exchange for the convenience of a sit down restaurant meal inside the museum.

Had Shrimp Po Boy, Meatloaf, 2 kids meals, and drinks = just over $50.

Thanks.

Reviewed December 27, 2017 via mobile

We had a light meal of delicious gumbo for lunch, and it was sufficient to get us through the day at the museum. Good thing we booked ahead since the place was packed and wait times were long.

Reviewed December 26, 2017

We were visiting the museum on a Saturday and stopped for lunch in the American Sector. We were able to get seated right away and our server was polite, pleasant and prompt. The food was very good, but I thought the prices were high. My husband had the Fried Shrimp Po-boy on French Bread, Slaw, Tabasco Aioli, Creole Potato Salad $16. He said that it was delicious. I had the Chef's Seasonal Salad with Satsuma oranges. This small salad was $10. It was very good and just the right amount for me; but I think $10 was a bit pricey for the amount of food (see photo). My husband and I could afford this meal, but I think about families visiting the museum and wanting to stop for lunch. If you have driven, you might consider picnic food and eat a sandwich in your car.