When we got to the hotel to check in, it looked just liked the pictures. Very pretty lobby and design. Definitely can tell it used to be a department store (in a good way). I immediately asked the person at check-in about the smell (told him I read reviews about it) and requested a room without the issue. He said ok and told me that he thinks they resolved the problem. We didn't have any odor issues in our room (room 429). The room was a little small but adequate and clean. Nice Bath & Body Works toiletries. We didn't have any issues with hot water at all. It is true that there are no outside windows for king rooms. It wasn't really a problem for us but it was very easy to oversleep in the morning and lose track of time so just set your alarm. Yes, the walls were pretty thin but we didn't have too many issues with noise at all. It was pretty quiet. The location was FANTASTIC!!!! That's the best thing about this hotel. Within walking distance of everything (Bourbon Street, River Walk, etc.) but far enough away that you didn't have to deal with the noise at night. The walk also seemed pretty safe. I would suggest riding the Magazine St streetcar/trolley through the Garden District and to the Audubon Zoo and Park. The zoo was great. Bourbon Street is exactly what you imagine if you've never been there. A big frat party with bad smells but good for drinks and people watching. Most of the venues on Bourbon Street are more like nightclubs with party music. If you want jazz bands your best bet is to walk to some other places in the French Quarter off of Bourbon. We didn't eat at the hotel restaurant...there are too many great places to eat in NOLA. Oceana Restaurant on Conti St was probably our favorite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the best 3 star hotel accomodations in downtown New Orleans. What are you waiting for?! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baronne Plaza New Orleans
- Hotel Baronne Plaza
- Baronne Hotel New Orleans