Avenue Inn Bed and Breakfast
US$229
US$195
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$160
  • Pool
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$198
US$194
US$229
  • Pool
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$282
US$169
  • Pool
The Whitney Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$101
  • Breakfast included
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
US$223
US$197
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$99
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewsjoe bebegarden districtfront porchsuperior seafoodgreat hostsfrench quarterstreetcar stoplovely homehouse is beautifulold mansionoff street parkingmagazine streettulane universityother guestsmardi grasthe perfect place to staytrolley line
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Stayed for 4 nights late March. Accomodations were excellent. Inn keepers were great, very helpful with advise on activities and resturants. Very historic neighborhood located on Mardi Gras route. Street car route only yards from front door. Would stay again if the opportunity arose.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2012

This was my first time in a bed and breakfast, and I've seen the light! :) When you arrive at the Avenue Inn you're greeted by either Joe or Bebe. I was greeted by Joe, and despite being almost two hours early for check-in (oops) which could have been very inconvenient, he immediately found me an available room and showed me around. He's a warm person and genuinely interested in making you feel like you are home away from home. My room was very charming and quite spacious. My impression was that Joe and Bebe strive to keep their historic mansion as authentic as possible, and that was evident from the decor in the room. Very Southern and very cozy. The room was very clean, and I had my own thermostat so I could control my temp, which was nice. I also took advantage of the 24hour free snack tower. Lol. Lots of little goodies like bottles of water and little boxes of cereal, granola bars, etc. The streetcar stops right outside their home and it goes to the French Quarter, which was nice. It was my first time to NOLA so I def did the touristy things. Also a very good restaurant right down the street, and great walking tours right in the neighborhood. It is also close to Magazine Street which has very cute shops and cafes. SO, in conclusion, I felt very welcome and safe at the Avenue Inn, appreciated the very reasonable rates, and loved the location. Joe and Bebe are great people with a gem of a B&B! I was sad to go back home to cold NYC!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Really enjoyed this location as the Inn is located in the ideal place to travel about New Orleans, enjoy the sights or just casually stroll down St. Charles Avenue. Innkeepers were very accomodating and hospitable; our accomodations were quite nice and very much to our liking. With access to both uptown and downtown New Orleans, we were able to enjoy so many sights and sounds of New Orleans and without a whole lot of fuss or transporation concerns. Inn and stay were just the right fit !

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed March 26, 2012

We received a warm and friendly welcome from Joe and Bebe during our three night holiday in New Orleans. Despite the fact that it poured with rain during continuous thunderstorms, our stay was warm and cozy, thanks to their hospitality. The Avenue Inn is charming: the house was built in 1891 and our Innkeepers have tastefully decorated it with beautiful antiques.
A continental breakfast is served each morning in the dining room, though when the weather is fair, one could sit on the pleasant verandah or the pretty patio.

Our bathroom was not large, but we had every convenience and the pleasure of excellent water pressure, with lots of hot water. We had a large, quiet, queen room. Our bed was very comfortable, with exceptionally clean linen.

The location of the Avenue Inn could not be more convenient. As other reviewers have noted, the street car runs right in front. There are many great restaurants nearby including Commander's Palace, Superior Seafood, and Jacques-Imo's. Free off-street parking is available to guests, which was much appreciated. Prospective guests should note that there is no elevator--just in case negotiating stairs is an issue. Perhaps in that case, one might wish to reserve a room on the ground floor.

Thank you for your hospitality, Joe and Bebe!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed March 25, 2012

When you stay in a B&B you are staying is someone's home and it is the innkeeper who really makes is a great experience or not. Joe and Bebe are the best. They are very friendly and professional. I appreciated the small touches, snacks, bottle water, ice were provided at no charge and were really appreciated. Breakfast was light and just what you need to get up and go. They were great with recomendations on things to do and places to eat. If you are looking for a B&B in NOLA this is the one.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple